Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of their attacks in the last 5 minutes when they had one last push for a consolation and we were playing out time.

Which our lack of inspiration & tempo, allowed them to do.

We have never intentionally taken our foot off the gas, against lower table teams, at home, when 3 up.

It's something we were famous, for not doing, lsst season (in direct contrast to Mourinho's Utd, for example).

This idea has only come about, on here, to explain Gundogan's perormance.

I disagree that all our wide options disappeared. Mahrez was on , but no one really passed to him. Gundogan certainly doesn't do 30 yd passes. And it was only when Mahrez came inside a bit that he got the ball.
Mahrez never stays wide. Almost as soon as he gets the ball he moves away from the wing, that's why he has been easy to defend against. Until Delph went off and Walker moved to the left Fulham's stand in back was repeatedly being taken to the cleaners with a combination of Walker and Sterling. Mahrez didn't get past him once.

I wouldn't have described you as that but then again I can't remember anything you've ever posted, apart from unwitty childish shite, mithering me personally, rather than discussing football, so perhaps you are.

Never usually read your post they are boring long winded and inane bollox you have a one sided agenda against certain players from my seat on Saturday Fulham were a decent side on the ball got at at least 4 times in the 1st half resulting from a misplaced pass or somebody losing the ball. Gundogan came o was efficient and recycled the ball misplaced 1 pass was out muscled on 1 occasion just like the rest of the players on the pitch

Which our lack of inspiration & tempo, allowed them to do.

We have never intentionally taken our foot off the gas, against lower table teams, at home, when 3 up.

It's something we were famous, for not doing, lsst season (in direct contrast to Mourinho's Utd, for example).

This idea has only come about, on here, to explain Gundogan's perormance.

That's bullshit Nev and you know it. We often do it but are still able to pick off our opponents and add a couple, like we could've /should've done Saturday too if our finishing was better, in fact it was shite Gundogan that set up one of them chances we should've done better with.

Never usually read your post they are boring long winded and inane bollox you have a one sided agenda against certain players from my seat on Saturday Fulham were a decent side on the ball got at at least 4 times in the 1st half resulting from a misplaced pass or somebody losing the ball. Gundogan came o was efficient and recycled the ball misplaced 1 pass was out muscled on 1 occasion just like the rest of the players on the pitch

Ah some football talk in there ! Great.

I wouldn't disagree that he knocked the ball around & was imo, useless without it, but there was a huge difference between the angles & purpose of him knocking the ball around & what came before it imo.

It was another example of him not being the dynamic player, he once was.

I hope he is about to get that back, as the German manager suggests, because that Gundogan would be a player who came on & pushed the team forward & a genuine contender for a first choice position.

This version is a less incisive Jack Wilshire.

That's bullshit Nev and you know it. We often do it but are still able to pick off our opponents and add a couple, like we could've /should've done Saturday too if our finishing was better, in fact it was shite Gundogan that set up one of them chances we should've done better with.

The last part is true. He played one decent pass of the kind he should have been aiming for.

City were known for not sitting back, last season. I recon if Foden had come on, you would have seen that kind of end to the game. I don't believe for one second, Pep wanted us to 'see the game out' & if he eas worried about preventing injury, Foden would have been on rather than either Gundogan or Mahrez.

He put them on, as two fresh players to murder Fulham, which Dortmund's Gundogan & Leicester's Mahrez, would have done.

He put Gundogan on because he had no other option to replace Delph other than put Fern at full back and Gundogan at DM.

I don't want to list them all, but there are a lot of other things he could have done including 3 at the back etc, Stonrs def mid.

Two fresh 'creative' players, v a side 3-0 down, is not a plan to see the game out, it's a manager expecting new, exciting ideas against a team who have been chasing the ball.

You would have got exactly that, with Foden & KDB for example. Excitement & most likely, more goals.

That is the level Gundogan & Mahrez are playing at, they are supposed to be brilliant & exciting. They are attack minded City players.

I expect Mahrez to improve 100%
But if Mahrez is the same in two years, as he is now, he will be Gundogan.

Mahrez never stays wide. Almost as soon as he gets the ball he moves away from the wing, that's why he has been easy to defend against. Until Delph went off and Walker moved to the left Fulham's stand in back was repeatedly being taken to the cleaners with a combination of Walker and Sterling. Mahrez didn't get past him once.

Mahrez was out wide but hardly ever got passed the ball the first 10 mins he was on. I watched him closely. When he gets the ball he moves infield but that wssnt my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.