Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the game Portugal went out of the World Cup to Uruguay, Bernardo was the best player on the pitch.

He played in the middle.

Yesterday he showed he can be as good as Silva and de Bruyne in the middle.

I hope he plays there more, in fact, only! I think he can become one of the world’s best in attacking midfield.

Added to all that he has tremendous stamina, love watching him.

He is not improving nor getting better, he just play exceptionally well when playing in the middle.

I hope he is both improving and getting better, if they are different things.
All players should be continually improving, as is the team. Great energy, will become one of the world's best central midfield players.

Pep's praise for Bernardo. Interesting he still refers to his natural position being out wide.

Pep's praise for Bernardo. Interesting he still refers to his natural position being out wide.[/QUOTE]
Bizarre

I know from a football perspective it doesn’t really matter. But when you read things and look at a lot of the social media stuff that the club do he actually seems like a really good guy too.
I think we do a really good job at signing players of that ilk. Txiki has done a very good job at making that part of the targeting of players as well as the qualities they have as players.

Finally getting a run of playing central mid - to showcase his world class talent. I hope he never has to be stuck playing right wing ever again.

I think he's been as good as any midfielder in Europe this season, he's gone up another level and looks so good in a central area.

Really hope we don't play him back out on the right hand side.

I think he's been as good as any midfielder in Europe this season, he's gone up another level and looks so good in a central area.

Really hope we don't play him back out on the right hand side.
When KDB is back its going to happen,isn't it?

When KDB is back its going to happen,isn't it?
Dunno - KDB can play deeper, and Pep experiments with lineups to get the best out of our side. Maybe Bernardo is forced to play RW when KDB is back... but that really isn't his position - not by a country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.