Raheem Sterling - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling was very good once again against Fulham. Really unlucky not to score when he successfully nutmegged their keeper.

He's a constant threat on the right, able to deliver a dangerous cross or to take on players more centrally.

When we first signed Sterling I thought, "oh, no - this guy's a bust" - based on poor press coverage while at Liverpool.

Yes, he's inconsistent - but under Pep at least, he's grown in confidence and really delivers each game he plays. More importantly, it's clear that he tries his best each game, putting in a shift on both defense and offense. Sterling is a pleasant surprise for me and is one of our most important players.

Our best player against Lyon he had Raphael on toast but didnt get the bounce of the ball in the area , if he wants £250k a week , give it to him , he is a special player and is only going to get better under Pep.

Had his effort and work rate been matched across the team tonight we would have won. Ironic that his efforts tonight stood out but also highlighted his shortcomings. Lack of goal threat and final ball either not getting away or not finding a blue shirt.

I remain hopeful that he can make that next step up and become the player that would have got us an ill deserved result in a match like tonight. A match that for whatever reason we were way below the level expected. Even great teams have these games but someone gets them out of the shit. Raheem needs to be that player to reach his potential.

Had his effort and work rate been matched across the team tonight we would have won. Ironic that his efforts tonight stood out but also highlighted his shortcomings. Lack of goal threat and final ball either not getting away or not finding a blue shirt.

I remain hopeful that he can make that next step up and become the player that would have got us an ill deserved result in a match like tonight. A match that for whatever reason we were way below the level expected. Even great teams have these games but someone gets them out of the shit. Raheem needs to be that player to reach his potential.

Should not have been subbed

Last edited:
Work rate was good last night but he didn't have the greatest game.

Absolutely chuffed that he's banging goals in and playing well. Shame he will never get the plaudits due to the Scouse hate campaign.

Keep it up Raz.

Work rate was good last night but he didn't have the greatest game.

Absolutely chuffed that he's banging goals in and playing well. Shame he will never get the plaudits due to the Scouse hate campaign.

Keep it up Raz.

Thought he was the only one who looked like he might make something happen in the first half last night. If everyone around him had been up to speed we could be talking about him having had a very good game. He might not be as technically gifted as KDB or Silva but he's a very important player to us and I get the feeling Guardiola thinks that too. There's so much competition amongst our forward players but he doesn't get rotated as much as the others. Hope his contract gets sorted soon and that he stays because I think we need him.

Thought he was the only one who looked like he might make something happen in the first half last night. If everyone around him had been up to speed we could be talking about him having had a very good game. He might not be as technically gifted as KDB or Silva but he's a very important player to us and I get the feeling Guardiola thinks that too. There's so much competition amongst our forward players but he doesn't get rotated as much as the others. Hope his contract gets sorted soon and that he stays because I think we need him.

It was the same with the England team at the world cup, his threat dragged 2 defenders away at most times. But the majority of England fans just said he was shit.

The contract sounds like crossing the t's and dotting the i's.

He is City's current best player. And he was 2nd best last season after Kevin.

At some point, we'd have to pay him and treat him like the mega superstar he is.

Sterling, Bernardo and Kevin will lead the next 5 years of City football. Time to recognize him for what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.