Newcastle fans

I think the A-E cup was by invitation, just like all pre-season tournaments. So, yes, it was slightly tongue in cheek. Since the demise of the Cup Winners Cup, which, surprisingly, was purely for the winners of the FA cup or it's national equivalent, all FA cup winners go in the Europa, as do the League Cup (or whatever they name it) winners. Before that, the League cup winners went into the UEFA cup. Historically the Fairs/UEFA cup was harder to win, I believe.
The Inter City Fairs Cup was a competition that you didn’t qualify for by league finish. I think it might even have been an invitation tournament. Nothing to do with UEFA though

Been to SJP more times than I can remember and apart from one time( cup game on Sunday night when we took a right firm up) I've never had one problem. When we beat them on the way to 2012 title, 3 of us went straight to town after it. Remember, this was the game that stopped them getting into champions league remember! But rather than be moody against us and cause us mither, they were buying us beer and wishing us good luck. My previous dealings with em only makes this recent knobheadary baffling! I know a few on here have slated them for past wrongs, but I've never seen any bother other than our kick off in that fa cup game.

Been to SJP more times than I can remember and apart from one time( cup game on Sunday night when we took a right firm up) I've never had one problem. When we beat them on the way to 2012 title, 3 of us went straight to town after it. Remember, this was the game that stopped them getting into champions league remember! But rather than be moody against us and cause us mither, they were buying us beer and wishing us good luck. My previous dealings with em only makes this recent knobheadary baffling! I know a few on here have slated them for past wrongs, but I've never seen any bother other than our kick off in that fa cup game.

Its the new breed of footy fan. Utter cocks.

My dad was at SJP in 68 and he said the geordies were brilliant that day.

Theres been an influx of football fan come through that have been watching Football Factory too often. Any visiting fan that sings WWYWYWS to us needs to be treated with sympathy really. Newcastle fans also need reminding that there attendances dipped dramatically ‘when they were shit’

Theres been an influx of football fan come through that have been watching Football Factory too often. Any visiting fan that sings WWYWYWS to us needs to be treated with sympathy really. Newcastle fans also need reminding that there attendances dipped dramatically ‘when they were shit’
Singing WWYWYWS was funny, especially with about 400 empty seats! Pre Keegan they were getting around the 12-15 k a game. But on the whole, they've been a decent bunch, in my opinion.

yesterday it was a bit like the old days.... On facebook a few city fans said it kicked off outside the ground as well.
Licked off outside? Hardly kicked off. A few 17 year old kids with angry faces and colourful language with police around them and a fence separating them. It was pathetic and if the police and fence were taken away, there'd have been no playing up!

WWYWYWS is taken about as serious as "who are ya who are ya who are ya".... its a bit like the song "by far the greatest team the world as ever seen"... Sunderland sang it last time they where in PL and it was 0-0 !!!!!!!!!!!

Many of them utter twa*ts 1976 league final .but over the years met some great lads however they kicked of royal in late 70s and tried to get the fa cup game abandoned .

yesterday it was a bit like the old days in ss 3rd tier, there fans was mouthy all game and then near the end, a couple of there fans tried to jump into the city fans, one was throwing punches but he got a few thrown back at him and he fell back into his own fans but got collared and thrown out. On facebook a few city fans said it kicked off outside the ground as well. but I walk up aston rd so didn't see any bother but talked to a couple of fans going that way and they said its getting worse with there fans now, thought they was better then this, and only rags and scousers acted like this, I even was called a manc bastard before game but it was because I called a Newcastle fan a sunderland fan but that was banter
It's small dog syndrome with the barcodes they're like a Jack Russell aggressive little fuckers but no threat at all.

Singing WWYWYWS was funny, especially with about 400 empty seats! Pre Keegan they were getting around the 12-15 k a game. But on the whole, they've been a decent bunch, in my opinion.

I lived in Newcastle in the mid 80s - they were getting 12 to 13 thousand in those days. They are in no place to criticise us given how our gates held up in the third tier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.