Fulham (H) - Post Match Thread

The lineup against Fulham I think is our best, most balanced, lineup - absent, of course, KDB who must start.

Sane and Delph seem to fit our side more than Mendy and Mahrez at least at present - Mendy is very weak on defense (perhaps he should play wing instead of fullback?) - and Mahrez - though very talented - just hasn't hit form.

I know what he means although we were better than against Newcastle. As he said a bit of rust after the world cup and an international break.

He was annoyed also we took the foot off the gas after we scored the third goal, saying if we stop trying to score more goals we lose control of the game. Players will relax and save energy naturally but again he is right. It sounds churlish after still a very good performance but if we hadn't eased off we could have boosted our already good goal difference. It would have saved me watching a training exercise too for 40+ minutes.

Fulham fans are deluded if they believe they beat themselves. With better finishing and luck even with going through the motions for nearly the whole second half it could easily have been six or more. Kudos to them for having a go though.

On the subject of their fans there were a few young gobby muppets on the tram before the game. Cans of cider in hand one in particular was giving it, "Shitehole, shitehole!" When the ground came into view. Now I am all for fans having a laugh and supporting their team but disrespectful shit like that makes me long for the 70/80',s again when the mouthy little shit would have been given a slap for taking liberties.

It's not just about the goal difference. As soon as we take our foot off the gas, that's when we get sloppy
and give the opponent a little bit of hope. We should kill the game fucking dead.

It's not just about the goal difference. As soon as we take our foot off the gas, that's when we get sloppy
and give the opponent a little bit of hope. We should kill the game fucking dead.

I agree. As soon as we decided it was going to be a training exercise at 3-0 they had one or two chances to score. We saw against Stoke at home last season how 3-0 quickly became 3-2 until we woke up and took the game away from them. Pep is right to be livid.

Interesting - This thread only has 17 pages - for a home game. Easy win 3-0 - could/should have been 6-0.
Are we fans becoming so complacement, these days.

Interesting - This thread only has 17 pages - for a home game. Easy win 3-0 - could/should have been 6-0.
Are we fans becoming so complacement, these days.
More about it being a straightforward game where we battered them, relaxed, gave them the sliver of an opening, then shut up shop to conserve energy.

While the performance was, at times, beautiful on the eye, the wasted chances and lack of clinical finishing in some instances made it “same old, same old” for most.

Still have best GD in the League, but it could have been 2 or 3 more a time or two this season, which might be an issue this season.

THANK YOU MANCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son and I traveled over from the states to attend the Fulham game. The City was great... the game was great.. the stadium tour was great the food and people were first class.....we had a wonderful time !!

THANK YOU MANCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son and I traveled over from the states to attend the Fulham game. The City was great... the game was great.. the stadium tour was great the food and people were first class.....we had a wonderful time !!
Wonderful to hear pal,i hope the next time you visit it's just as brilliant.

Wear that shirt with pride back home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.