City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Do we though I often see this, I'm sure there are some but thousands ? As far as I knew we have about 46000 s/c , 3000 away allocations which leaves about 5000 I would say a majority of these go on on sale to matchday members in July and are snapped up pretty quick leaving lots of singles dotted about which for most games are still available now.
So no doubt some seats are given to companies probably in the main level 2 padded seats but my guess would be hundreds certainly not thousands. Just checked and about 5 games are showing as sold out.
I meant across the season

19 home league games, five home CL games on average and say five home domestic cup games x an estimation of 1500 per match = 43500 tickets a season

You only had to see the Celtic fans around the stadium to know they are not just single seats here and there numbering a few dozen or even a few hundred.

Last edited by a moderator:
210 is premium - 93:20 or something. It's the same on the other side (220?). Should just reduce the size of these areas. I think we've completely over-estimated the demand for hospitality. Most of the executive boxes on the East Stand side were empty on Saturday.
By a long LONG way!

The main reason people left early on Saturday was the game was over, it finished 2 minutes into the second half, and for the last 30 minutes Pep turned it into an experimental training session, and it became dull and disjointed, and we created next to nothing in that time. Had it been close, and the full team on the pitch, in their natural positions, I doubt that many would have left.

Strangely it seemed busier than ever walking back into town afterwards.

Exactly this. The team clocked off 30 minutes early so I clocked off 10 minutes early.

I meant across the season

19 home league games, five home CL games on average and say five home domestic cup games x an estimation of 1500 per match = 43500 tickets a season

You only had to see the Celtic fans around the stadium to know they are not just single seats here and there numbering a few dozen or even a few hundred.
Right fair enough across the season yes. Would be good to know how many maybe it's information we might now have access to, with the City Matter thing.

We never seemed to have the issues with empty seats in the early years of the take over, the match day ticket prices with the blue membership were in a quite affordable range for people like myself who cant get to all games to casually watch quite a few games a season. They seemed to push the prices up after 2012 which has left people with no option to buy a season card even though they have no intention of attending all games.

If the website is correct we are selling out but a lot of unused tickets are going to agencies who cant shift them, I dont think the club cares if they are occupied or not as long as someone has paid for them. Dropping match day ticket prices wont work as they will have to drop the price of a season ticket which they do a decent job of shifting year in year out.

We never seemed to have the issues with empty seats in the early years of the take over, the match day ticket prices with the blue membership were in a quite affordable range for people like myself who cant get to all games to casually watch quite a few games a season. They seemed to push the prices up after 2012 which has left people with no option to buy a season card even though they have no intention of attending all games.

If the website is correct we are selling out but a lot of unused tickets are going to agencies who cant shift them, I dont think the club cares if they are occupied or not as long as someone has paid for them. Dropping match day ticket prices wont work as they will have to drop the price of a season ticket which they do a decent job of shifting year in year out.
When I had a season ticket after the move, a good few years before the take over when we were shit, I never remember looking around at empty seats. When we beat Chelsea in 04 I’m pretty sure that was an actual sell out, where literally no empty seats existed.

When I had a season ticket after the move, a good few years before the take over when we were shit, I never remember looking around at empty seats. When we beat Chelsea in 04 I’m pretty sure that was an actual sell out, where literally no empty seats existed.

First year of being in the stadium it was difficult to get a ticket, I remember there was a drop off under Pearce but people came back when Thaksin took over and started spending. Then the Sheikh took over the match day tickets vanished pretty quickly so they stung you with the priority charge for when the tickets went on sale. There was never rows of empty seats in the south stand then.

I dont think the club cares, Soriano seems to obsessed with selling premium packages in the tunnel club rather than alienating the people that have been watching City in some very lean times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.