Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

Doesnt make sense?
How do you explain that he was brilliant under Brendan Rogers, which led to every fucker and his son wanting to sign him?
Thats two managers hes excelled under one promising the other a genius.
The argument that he can only kick a football under Pep, does not stack up.
He looked good under Rodgers however how much of that can be attributed to playing alongside Suarez (who had whole defences marking him at times)? He didn't look so good in the season post Suarez.

That was mp's fault,keep up,mp made them all look dogshite in that last year,he was brilliant at dippers as he is now
I feel you are on the troll now so i'm out
Funny how MP won us 3 major honours yet here you are going all in on him. Do as I say and all that. Peace.

He looked good under Rodgers however how much of that can be attributed to playing alongside Suarez (who had whole defences marking him at times)? He didn't look so good in the season post Suarez.
Mmmm? Nah fella,
It was definitely all Sterling ripping up defences including City at Anfield the season when slippy threw it away for them a few weeks later against Chelsea.
In fact I would go as far to say he was a lot more of an expansive player under Rogers as they relied on him to play fucking everywhere and do everything, hence a number of injuries I recall him picking up and Sterling getting wound up about where Rogers wanted to play him.
With the exception of are beloved Mario of course and Can, Liverpool signed this shower of shit below with the Suarez monies.
Im sure even you will agree that any dip in his form was not necessarily due to Sterling but probably due to the shite below he was expected to play with whilst maintaining his form of the season before.

Adam Lallana - Signed from Southampton for £25m
Dejan Lovren - Signed from Southampton for £20m
Lazar Markovic - Signed from Benfica for £20m
Mario Balotelli - Signed from AC Milan for £16m
Divock Origi - Signed from Lille for £10m
Emre Can - Signed from Bayer Leverkusen for £10.5m
Rickie Lambert - Signed from Southampton for £4m
Javier Manquillo - Signed from Atletico Madrid on loan

Mmmm? Nah fella,
It was definitely all Sterling ripping up defences including City at Anfield the season when slippy threw it away for them a few weeks later against Chelsea.
In fact I would go as far to say he was a lot more of an expansive player under Rogers as they relied on him to play fucking everywhere and do everything, hence a number of injuries I recall him picking up and Sterling getting wound up about where Rogers wanted to play him.
With the exception of are beloved Mario of course and Can, Liverpool signed this shower of shit below with the Suarez monies.
Im sure even you will agree that any dip in his form was not necessarily due to Sterling but probably due to the shite below he was expected to play with whilst maintaining his form of the season before.

Adam Lallana - Signed from Southampton for £25m
Dejan Lovren - Signed from Southampton for £20m
Lazar Markovic - Signed from Benfica for £20m
Mario Balotelli - Signed from AC Milan for £16m
Divock Origi - Signed from Lille for £10m
Emre Can - Signed from Bayer Leverkusen for £10.5m
Rickie Lambert - Signed from Southampton for £4m
Javier Manquillo - Signed from Atletico Madrid on loan
So they replaced one player with 8 and Sterling's performances suffered as a result of this?

All I am arguing is that if Sterling does move, he might not be as good as he is now. The why where and when are not really relevant.

He could go to Madrid and look world class, he could go to PSG and look shit. We don't know, but you are agreeing with me.

If the contract negotiations are stalling is it partly due to Txiki looking at another possible addition and he needs some extra cash....?

So they replaced one player with 8 and Sterling's performances suffered as a result of this?

All I am arguing is that if Sterling does move, he might not be as good as he is now. The why where and when are not really relevant.

He could go to Madrid and look world class, he could go to PSG and look shit. We don't know, but you are agreeing with me.
On the contrary I think your wrong.
I believe he would;d would definitely smash any league he may choose to play in.
It would be much easier for him;

1/He would be playing in one of two or two teams that historically dominate their league. Barca, Madrid, Bayern, PSG, take your pick
2/ He he would be up against inferior teams/defences with less wear and tear emotionally and physically over a season due to the inferior intensity of games.
3/ Foreign refs would be far more protective of him compared to the Prem, meaning he would have the scope to run riot or opposing teams would be picking up more yellows and reds quicker that you could say, "youre talking bollocks".

Further you put Messi or Rolando with that magical 8,above and dont think you'd get a tune out of them either.

Sterling aint the sum of the team, he is one cog within it and if those around him are not able to function at the same standard, something form is inevitably the first thing to go.

Repeat Sterling would piss the Spanish, German or French league.

Reactions: SVP

Are you suggesting one of those are better than the vampire or that he played all 8 in his place ? I’m not sure what point your trying to make.

No doubt I will come into the firing line for this but hey ho it's the truth... I was out with a group of friends around 12 months ago which included a city first-team (ish) player who is now currently out on loan. I got chatting to him about various players and he told me at that point Sterling was holding off extending his contract as he was hoping to get offers from abroad, ala Real Madrid, Barcelona etc off the back of a good World Cup.

From what I gathered Sterling intended to see out his contract with us and then move on a free and so far this looks as though it could come to fruition. I hope this player was wrong and I hope Sterling has changed his mind and signs a new deal sooner rather than later as I honestly feel he could be one of the best in the world. However, I can't say I would be surprised if he did move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.