Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

Walker was awful and lazy Delph too. Suffering from the lack of the Pep effect. I dread the day he goes. The whole team were terrible. Lots of gaps and space from back to front.

We did try; Jorginho
BigHastyHaddock-size_restricted.gif

Don’t think the CB partnership is a problem. Laporte’s pass may have been a problem, although Dinho had time to protect ball, but defending by CB’s not what cost us: defending is tough for anyone v counter.

Personally I think both are weak. I’m
Sure that not everyone will agree but I am certainly not as convinced on Laporte as Pep and others seem to be.

so you say may be other teams set up differently this season ....then you you say you dont know which team

so you say teams set up differently but cant say which teams ?
Read it again I said MAYBE, followed by “I DONT KNOW”. I’m confused myself I have no clue.

I really do think Pep's achilles heel is constantly wanting to play both Fernandinho and Gundogan in the middle.

It didn't work against Liverpool in both Champs League games or against Man Utd in the home game last season.

We are ineffective defensively when these two play at the same time and also Gundogan offers no creativity going forward either, so we are weakened offensively too.

Having said that, both Fern and Delph were guilty of seriously sloppy passes and schoolboy defending errors today which cost two goals and a defeat in the end.
the constant is Gundogan
ferna plays with others he is fine
Gundogan plays with anyone and we look worse.

Disappointed.

I will not blame Delph or Fernandinho for the mistakes but I blame Pep for the team selection.

Playing Bernardo out on the right was mistake

Sterling is better on the right

Sane should always start on the left when fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.