City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Loads of tickets didn’t work tonight, mate couldn’t get in, got told he had to go ticket office, huge queue so just fucked it off.
City need to sort the ticket office out, it’s not fit for purpose.
Also loads of Lyon fans in 326, away fans always in there!!

Don’t we have to give the away side some tickets in the corporate bit? There was plenty of room them in their end had they wanted to be there.

The ticket situation at city is a shambles. Is Danny wilson still in charge of it? If so he needs to sort it out

Never mind the ticket office, the number of blues who have given up on the Champions League is embarrassing.

The fans do not prioritise the Champions League and I think it transmits itself to the players. They should be professionals and ignore the empty stands but players are human. Edgy full house at Kick off and I am sure we would have won that game easily.

Tonight there we 1000s of empty seats, it’s mid week, people work today and tomorrow, kids have school who wouldn’t be getting home until 11pm possibly. Factor in cost of tickets, transport probably have to buy food because you’ve missed your tea in trying to get to the stadium, less tourists during* the week this coupled with the attitude towards the champions league and you can see why people don’t want to go. I don’t know what the solution is, we want local,fans to go but do they have the disposable income that glory hunters have ? if you want to fill it full of happy clappers week in week out that’s going to be another 20 years of building a fan base to try to get anywhere near what united and Liverpool get.

I think a lot are missing the point here.a
A lot don't go and me included in the week as it's a nightmare to get to and from the ground in the week.
Manchesters roads simply cannot cope with traffic anymore.
What rubbish. I was home by 10.50pm

Never mind the ticket office, the number of blues who have given up on the Champions League is embarrassing.

The fans do not prioritise the Champions League and I think it transmits itself to the players. They should be professionals and ignore the empty stands but players are human. Edgy full house at Kick off and I am sure we would have won that game easily.
I didn’t go tonight Marvin. Many reasons really but the main one being that it really wasn’t that important a game. Obviously to an extent they’re all important but of all the games we’ll play this season this could well be one of the games where a defeat was largely irrelevant

‘I wouldn’t like to use the (small) crowd as an excuse. We had this type of crowd before and played well. I’d like it full and everyone supporting the team like crazy. It didn’t happen but it isn’t an excuse.’
Arteta

Going to the match is all about routine.

You leave at the same time, normally with the same people, take the same route, same pre match rituals whether that be programme, food, drink.

When you get out of that routine, it is hard to get back into it. I fell out of that routine four seasons ago, still got my season ticket but i now find it a chore to go to the match.

Many reasons happen for getting out of the routine, family, work commitments, finances. For me it is simply the pain and the stress of actually getting to the ground. Long traffic ques, park miles away with a 20 min walk, then a 20 min wait to get in sometimes with awful security measures (i sit in SS3), shit pre-match shenanigans, shit half time shenanigans and the the tiresome journey home in traffic. The only thing about the so called "Matchday experience' that is great is the game itself, which i can see on TV anyway, in the comfort of my home without all the stresses noted above.

For me, too many city fans have lost that routine. It starts by knocking off league cup games (which i did), then FA cup (which i did) and now Champions League (which i have). The point where it was all lost for me was the Liverpool second leg last year where i decided to watch on TV instead of paying £40+ to see it live. I can never say i will never go to another Champions League game again but the chances aren't very likely as i will always favour the stress free option which i now actually prefer.

This may not be the same for most city fans but it is something that i have noticed with those i know or close to me.

Every City fan should be applauded for going tonight but for all the right we have done both on and off the pitch the last 10 years, unfortunately IMO it has been at the expense of what really matters and that is the match going fans and it will only deteriorate in the coming years as the club continue to ruin it and the sport itself becomes more and more saturated on TV.

For something so simple to get right, the club and the sport have overkilled it all and you get the product that is served up now.

Tonight there we 1000s of empty seats, it’s mid week, people work today and tomorrow, kids have school who wouldn’t be getting home until 11pm possibly. Factor in cost of tickets, transport probably have to buy food because you’ve missed your tea in trying to get to the stadium, less tourists during* the week this coupled with the attitude towards the champions league and you can see why people don’t want to go. I don’t know what the solution is, we want local,fans to go but do they have the disposable income that glory hunters have ? if you want to fill it full of happy clappers week in week out that’s going to be another 20 years of building a fan base to try to get anywhere near what united and Liverpool get.

It’s just excuses mate.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 25 years and a large element of our support just doesn’t bother with any mid week cup competion.

FA cup replays, League Cup games, Europa League, or even Champions League.

Going since the early 90s, the first mid week cup game we sold out was the 2009 League Cup quarter Final against Arsenal.

Even a large amount of season ticket holders don’t bother with mid week league games.

Edit - I’m hearing it was just £53 for a 3 game bundle.

(Not aware as I’m on the Cup scheme and just go anyway)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.