Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

They played us at our own game, pressed us high up the pitch and forced us into mistakes. Fair play to them they did really well, they are a decent organised outfit.

It shouldn’t have been a factor but I wonder to what extent pep’s absence affected the intensity of the players

With hindsight I also ponder whether it was wise of arteta to laud our players as the best in the world before what seemed like a routine home game.

Two of our three midfielders are thirty three and are off the back of a World Cup.

Decision to not sign a new DM was a disastrous one and we've failed to add a competitive element by keeping the squad the same.

Jesus looks like he's struggling badly and Bernardo is definitely not a winger.
Don't think Mahrez is a winger either.

Our centre midfield is lightweight without KDB.

This then shines an unwanted light on the weaker members of the team.

Last season was great but we are far from being a great team. Too many weaknesses.

Pep got it wrong he’s made the same mistake again, trying to get Gundogan in and playing Fernandinho, playing both makes the team to slow. He made it worse by playing Sterling on the left who had to turn onto his right foot, again slowing things down and to compound it Bernie moved back out to the right. The changes made should have been made mid way through the first half after the first goal. Pep seems to have an obsession with Gundogan who might be a nice neat footballer but for me he’s too slow. Also I think it’s time to see what Phil can do

Don't get all the fuss sometimes a defeat can be the kick up the backside a team needs last season after we lost a game we went on incredible runs so come on city.oh and to the dick on the phone to whoever saying that was the worst city performance ever not to long ago that would have been the best performance of the season

It shouldn’t have been a factor but I wonder to what extent pep’s absence affected the intensity of the players

With hindsight I also ponder whether it was wise of arteta to laud our players as the best in the world before what seemed like a routine home game.

If Peps absence affected the players then I am sure they will find out about it tomorrow!

It wouldn’t surprise me if there were 5/6 changes at the weekend off the back of that.

Just got back. Two words fucking grim.
However if we're gonna take an early loss to focus minds it's better in the CL rather than PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.