Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going to play Gundogan it needs to be as a 6. When he's there, he can just go into permanent ball recycling mode and pass the opposition to death while we have 85% possession.

He's not good defensively but when he plays there we have so much ball it doesn't matter. When he's further forward he's just lethargic these days.

Spot on

He isn't good enough to play a number 6 in our system either. His passes typically lack any kind of threat or penetration. We need to face up to the fact that he simply isn't good enough for this team. And he is just so so slow. Can't remember who it was last week in the latter stages but someone blew past him in the middle and made him look like he was barely capable of moving, and this was when he came on as a fresh sub.

Yeah wouldn't disagree with that ana to be fair i'mug be happy if he just didn't start. I feel like he's being hung out to dry as a number 8 in our team though and his better ganes have been as a 6. His predicament is made all the worse by the fact his inclusion (against Lyon)put about 3 better players out of position!

He's just so slow as well. Can't remember which Fulham player but in the latter stages someone blew past him like he was barely moving. And that's when he came on as a fresh sub.

He absolutely cannot play as a number 8 in our system. His passes pose no threat, he creates no forward momentum, no verticality and no creativity. That's why I've always said I prefer him in the number 6 role where as the previous posted stated states he can just keep rotating possession. However his lack of pace and lack of tackling nous mean he isn't really ideal there either. I think he needs to go.

Yeah wouldn't disagree with that ana to be fair i'mug be happy if he just didn't start. I feel like he's being hung out to dry as a number 8 in our team though and his better ganes have been as a 6. His predicament is made all the worse by the fact his inclusion (against Lyon)put about 3 better players out of position!
Yeah, sorry I pretty much agree with you, I'm tired and had brain fart and for some reason thought you were saying he should be playing in the 8 position, even though you said 6 my brain wasnt computing. If he does play I agree with you, it need to be in the deeper positon.

3rd season jitters? My biggest disappointment is that he didn't come back from his holidays earlier like Bernardo Silva did. You can say that he's not required to, but it would've been nice to see a player who has struggled the last two seasons hit the ground running with the purposeful intent on improving physically.

Instead, he still looks like tubby fuck.

Typical Gundogan performance. Dissappeared through large parts of the game. Like Neymar the night before I asked myself multiple times is he even on the field??

Gundogan’s disappearing act started when he first joined and still continues today yet some still believe he’ll reach his Dortmund heights. It’s not going to happen.

Instead of creating a chance he passes it backwards. Can’t believe so many here think he’s good enough.

Please don’t give him a new deal and a pay increase! Has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.