U19's Youth League (1500hrs)

Motm the Lyon keeper but we were rough at the back.

Yep,their keeper pulled off a couple of fantastic saves and but for him it would have been a more justified scoreline.

However,we weren't the better side as in the first half because we were generally awful.We played as 11 individuals,some of who looked like they would rather have been keeping dry elsewhere.Gomes was probably the only one who did himself justice.

The second half was much better,we probably edged it despite the goals scored saying different.The very talented,but incredibly frustrating,Poveda stepped up and caused problems and Gomes and Dele Bashiru formed a better understanding in the middle.Felix Nmecha's introduction also changed the dynamic up front.

As for our defence,the less said the better....including the keeper,they were shocking.

As above,we had players missing who would have made a difference but i still feel,against a physically more developed Lyon side,our boys could have done better.

Yep,their keeper pulled off a couple of fantastic saves and but for him it would have been a more justified scoreline.

However,we weren't the better side as in the first half because we were generally awful.We played as 11 individuals,some of who looked like they would rather have been keeping dry elsewhere.Gomes was probably the only one who did himself justice.

The second half was much better,we probably edged it despite the goals scored saying different.The very talented,but incredibly frustrating,Poveda stepped up and caused problems and Gomes and Dele Bashiru formed a better understanding in the middle.Felix Nmecha's introduction also changed the dynamic up front.

As for our defence,the less said the better....including the keeper,they were shocking.

As above,we had players missing who would have made a difference but i still feel,against a physically more developed Lyon side,our boys could have done better.

Good summary although maybe a tad harsh on Anderson! Was he actually at fault for any of the goals? Tis weird though when their keeper makes a bunch of great saves and outs none at all and we lose 4.1

Is the goalkeeper any good? I remember seeing him play for England and not that impressed. Not sure it is fair but he seems on the small side. You would think it would be easier to produce good defenders but we seem to struggle in that respect, maybe its the way we leave them exposed. In the long run they will benefit by being ball players but against physical sides at this age it is always going to be difficult as we have seen when we come up against Chelsea.

We got a bit of a 'muscling' in the first half, came back into it, and at 1-2 it looked promising, and then a superb one-handed save from their goalie and before Les Olympiques Grenouilles had finished their cheese and waved a flag, they'd scored another couple. Scoreline was a bit one sided. Our team consisted mainly of characters with the build of the two Silvas but without the developed skills, whereas they were not quite Dave Ewing and Bill Leivers but they had a bit more muscle, and moved the ball around very well!

Good summary although maybe a tad harsh on Anderson! Was he actually at fault for any of the goals? Tis weird though when their keeper makes a bunch of great saves and outs none at all and we lose 4.1

He probably wasn't at fault,but i just don't rate him.He isn't a bad shot stopper but he doesn't command his goal and he doesn't organise his defense and ive never been particularly impressed with his distribution.

Most importantly,he lacks a presence.Their keeper looked far more accomplished,he was also a unit.

Anyway,all good experience we will hopefully be better for.

Certainly did not deserve to lose 4-1, but they were unclinical and sloppy in defense. Gomes, Harwood-Bellis and Nmecha played quite well, but the rest had a game to forget. Dionkou (16yo RB) was at fault for 3 of the goals and had a mare. We were also missing an absolutely ridiculous amont of players. Latibeaudiere, Garcia, Wilson, Bolton, Taylor Richards, Touaizi and Gonzalez were not even in the squad, as well as Muric, Foden, Diaz, Smi. Matondo on the bench was also pretty surprising after his great start this season.
Without Foden, Diaz, Smith and Nmecha there’s a real lack of quality in the EDS these days.
Muric, Garcia, Gomes, Matondo, Bernabe, Bolton and Touaizi are all top class talents that IMO has potential to brake into the first team, but most of them were missing today, and they were let down by the defense

He probably wasn't at fault,but i just don't rate him.He isn't a bad shot stopper but he doesn't command his goal and he doesn't organise his defense and ive never been particularly impressed with his distribution.

Most importantly,he lacks a presence.Their keeper looked far more accomplished,he was also a unit.

Anyway,all good experience we will hopefully be better for.

Fair comment and I guess I agree but I just need to see more of him. He isn't picked for England at youth level for no reason.
On the size of the teams I initially thought Lyon were fielding a basketball team , at least in their defence. 4 of them were enormous. I thought the keeper was very big but all arms and legs to me but he did his job superbly.

And yes we were missing loads of players but the goals going in against our " EDS " teams so far this season is quite alarming!

Our game doesn't appear to be on TV today? or am i wrong?

I can see the Rags game is being shown......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.