Sergej Milinković-Savić

Watched a bit of him and his mates vs Spam god it was shit so put the Norwich game on , no stand out players but a better match

This is from last year but looks like what was probably part of an incredible performance vs Napoli. His physicality is what sticks out to me. He’s absolutely bullying guys in possession all over the field and has some real class with the ball and his passes to go along with it.

He’s best staying at Lazio - none of the big teams will offer anything near Lazio’s valuation. Over the next couple of years he’ll either mature and press on - in which case he’ll get a big move or he’ll be the next Belotti where Torino priced him out of a move and his valuation has steadily fallen over the last 2 years.

Saw him a bit this evening and again shows qualities that would fit so well next to KDB.

He’s massive in size but with decent pace, loves to score and is more direct with the ball. Also can show some passes that remind me of KDB.

Today I saw him create a chance from deep that we would have loved. Of course we also need better one on one finishers (a massive problem as well when Aguero is out).

Also got the ball pinged to him received with a decent first touch, then controlled it well at just outside of the pen area under heavy pressure from 2-3 defenders. He then back heeled the ball to a running attacker in the box it didn’t quite reach, but was very very clever.

Then right after that was a corner where he towered over a the defender from a yard or so inside the penalty spot with a thundering header at goal that the keeper had to desperately parry away.

Created another chance from a long ball with a flick on to a player in the box.

He uses his size and strength to win the ball and fouls from higher deliveries that we struggle to win and seem to resort to often, then compete for 2nd balls. WIth he and Rodri we will win more headers and I think retain possession and free kick opportunities that he can also strike or head himself.

Had David Silva joined Lazio I’d bet some of our fans would have been clamouring for him to join because they’d want to watch a bit.

Fee has been insane and put off United I believe who ended up signing Bruno Fernandes instead.

Maybe we’re looking for a different type of partner but I don’t think we’re selling Rodri, so we need a box to box type of player who is more attacking and creative than a Kante or simple Advanced playmaker type, although maybe the latter is more what we will go for.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.