Cardiff (A) Post Match Thread

Mahrez in the number ten role has to be taken seriously by Pep. He would score 20 plus. Out wide, he is just like Bernardo, totally wasted.

Bernardo further back alongside Fern and a fit KDB please when Dave needs a rest.

Completely agree although under Pep, much like Bernado and others for that matter he and us will have to get used to them being asked to play in positions we won't always like or agree with but ultimately, Pep gets the results and you can't argue with that.

Hopefully im wrong and Peps comments about his special ability inside the box will see him used correctly in future games.

why was there only 3 minutes injury time at the end? did oliver forget about the 5 minutes the injured Cardiff player was down for before being carried off on a stretcher? 3 minutes might have been about right for the 6 substitutions but to completely forget? about the 5 minutes that Cardiff lad was down for hmm. I think we all know this season is going to be a lot closer and the extra goal or two we would have scored in that extra 5 minutes could make a difference at the end of the season

why was there only 3 minutes injury time at the end? did oliver forget about the 5 minutes the injured Cardiff player was down for before being carried off on a stretcher? 3 minutes might have been about right for the 6 substitutions but to completely forget? about the 5 minutes that Cardiff lad was down for hmm. I think we all know this season is going to be a lot closer and the extra goal or two we would have scored in that extra 5 minutes could make a difference at the end of the season
Cardiff might have got a consolation though.
5-0 away.
Behave!

Really enjoyable performance and result that. Yes, it was Cardiff (though the conditions and surface might have been expected to favour their brand of football rather than ours) but yesterday showed, once again, that when the players are on it and the City machine clicks fully into gear there are assists and goals in whichever front six (including Ferna in there) Pep chooses to put out and that’s even without Kev at the moment. As well as they are currently doing and for all their ‘exalted front three’ the Dippers don’t have that and neither, I think, have the Chavs. Really pleased that Mahrez got his goals and Gundogan is a great option to have for certain games. Foden is magnificent, looks to be getting physically stronger and will get more chances. A goal for him yesterday would have put the icing on the cake. His time will come.

On a different note, did I see Mr Wanker turn to one of his assistants at one stage yesterday and ask, “What do I do?” If so, I’d like to think his reply was, “Err ... retire, Colin?”

Last edited:
Exactly. Oliver blowing early made sure we couldn’t improve our already positive goal difference, against that of the RD’s, any further.

Totally agree with you. If one was cynical you could say that Oliver deliberately stopped us from scoring more goals by not playing the full amount of added time (under instructions from Riley / Scudamore ? ). Contrast this with the added time at the swamp when we lost 4 3 to a last minute winner from shitbag Owen. The referee on the day, Atkinson, had signalled 4 minutes but went on to play nearly 7. Strange that isn't it ?

Hahahaha Christ I have heard it all now, so he blew up early, under instruction to do so, to make sure we don't improve our goal difference? There is some hysteria over agendas but that one tops the lot I would say. Decisions I get, especially when so early on Liverpool have had so many and like the weekend it is usually against us (the tackle on Gundog) but come on guys get a grip. Any games that are dead and buried usually don't have a lot of added time, not saying that is right because a game should be reffed the same regardless of score but it happens. Similar to how yellow card challenges don't usually count until 15 or so minutes into a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.