United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Lingard isn’t great but he tries his best IMO. The fact that he was left out of the team at WHU was more surprising than Sanchez being left at home IMO. I wonder if there’s a spat there too?

It’s criminal how infrequently it gets cited as the root of their demise. If someone with serious cash had bought united at the start of the century, the club would be in much better nick right now and that individual would have made a fucking mint. The Glazers are a cancer on that club. They are bleeding it dry.
I suppose Ed W is doing his best to provide sufficient funds to generate income but when its owners require more and more of the profit to support their failing US based businesses you have to wonder about their business acumen.
Trump has similar failings inheriting cash but failing with his ventures.

Our owner has invested wisely in people to run his venture and patiently awaits the financial rewards. He has proved that football is not a special case when it comes to running a business as United and other cartel members are finding out.
Business is business and taking revenue for granted when poorly performing leads to disaster no matter how much of a history the club can claim.

The past few years have really taken a toll on them. Mourinhos football is atrocious, but theyve been bleeding talent for years now.

Of their squad how many would you realistically take? Off the top of my head I could be talked into De Gea, Pogba, Martial, Mata, and Fred...and even then, I feel like I'm being generous. Mata is old. Is Fred shit or just being held back? Why has Martial never progressed? Maybe you could convince me there is room for growth in Rashford.

Players like Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia, Young, Lingard and Phil fucking Jones feature heavily for them and have no business starting for a top 4 side.

They have a narcissistic dinosaur of manager, an aging squad in need of a major talent injection if not a complete overhaul, and a mountain of debt lurking right around the corner. They are in a much worse spot then most people seem to think.
I struggle to see what kind of football the current squad could be reshaped to play. They dont jave the high energy to press like us and Liverpool, or the creative talent to play through and between the lines. Good as DDG is the thought of him playing from the back with the current shower in defence is laughable. I know they have good players but building a core with a clear tactic in mind seems a long way off, even for a new manager. Interestingly Red Cafe has just stated a thread on who to keep and who should go. No love for Loocackpoo, Martial, Sanchez, Valencia, Young, Mata, Matic or Lingard let alone any of their CBs apart from smalling. I think Conte could do a 1 season patch up on what they have but the scale of what needs doing looks huge.

Serious question. How much of their dire football is down to poor tatics and how much down to poor players? If PEG goes, is their decent side waiting to get out, and if so playing what tatics? Or is it a total rebuild? I dont follow that closely to know which players have unrealised potential, which are genuinely shit and which are in decline (apart from obvious).

Look at the age of the players. That will give you some idea of the task.

Then look at the age of the players in our squad.

Just watching SSN live reporter outside United training ground & large green skip lorry passes in to the complex - is this for the manager or the players or both?????

It’s criminal how infrequently it gets cited as the root of their demise. If someone with serious cash had bought united at the start of the century, the club would be in much better nick right now and that individual would have made a fucking mint. The Glazers are a cancer on that club. They are bleeding it dry.
And the problem with that is what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.