Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

We only lost two games last season. Of those we have now drawn 1. We need to keep our consistency up and the title will be ours again.

It’s marathon not a sprint.

Shame about the penalty. However better players have missed penalties. It happens.

R Baggio in a World Cup final. Gary Lineker to break the England record, Stuart Pearce to break our goals record (and his 100th goal), Ronaldo in CL Final, Messi in CL semi (and against us). Didn’t the great Denis Tueart miss 2 in one game?

Hopefully, once he gets over the disappointment, it will inspire him. His manager and team mates won’t crucify him; neither should the fans.

When KDB got injured, I said on here... we just need to stay in touch until he’s back and we’ll be fine; we’ve done better than that, we lead the way. A 2 week break now, after that KDB will be back, Agüero will be rested and recovered, Mendy will be recovered as will Delph. We are in good holes.
The Scousers ‘expected’ to beat us. They didn’t. We played a great game today.

Very surprised that Pep in his after match interview looked stunned when the guy interviewing him asked if he was aware Mahrez had missed 5 of his last 8 penalties. Pep said he was not aware of this.
Surely with all the in depth analysis we do and Peps huge entourage someone would have the nowse to look into players PK records. Obviously not and it could have cost us the win today.
As others have said it feels like a loss but would have taken the draw prior to kick off. Eeez football.

Yep must admit made me do a double take that. So much so I wondered if he was being sarcastic.

Now the initial frustration has died down,i'm feeling much more chilled about the result.

How many would have took the point in the build up to this game or,for that matter,any other time we visit that shit tip?

It’s this. I’d have taken a point prior to kick. Mahrez hasn’t fully acclimated into this team and I thought taking a pen given the circumstances was too much for someone with seemingly little confidence. Thankfully, it ended in a draw. Had Liverpool come back and won the game I don’t think Mahrez would be forgiven.

I still think he’ll come good. Too much quality in him not to.

Had Sergio had anything like a decent game he would have been on the pitch and would have taken it. still having missed one or two himself he also could have missed it. The very best players miss the odd one Of course its disappointing no one will feel as shit as the player himself. so what do we do support him or give him a hard time He is trying to fit in above some great players. in a system that is new to him. i prefer to take the positives today and salute a brilliant performance from our back four The second half was mainly ours. and if we had a bit more belief we could have taken all three points Lets face it we were playing the best team the world has ever seen

Beforehand would’ve taken a draw.
Then disappointed not to win in aftermath of penalty.
Then reflect that even though we shaded it overall, we didn’t create many clear cut chances, so actually, pleased with the draw.

Been over to RAWK expecting the usual scouse fuckwittery, but they're surprisingly subdued, despite the fact they thought Atkinson was on our side throughout the game! But no one is seriously disputing the penalty. They seem genuinely relieved the fixture is over and are looking to a run of relatively easy games after the break to put some distance between themselves and the "chasing pack" (City and Chelsea).

Oh, and it's still going to be their year.

Thought we were fucking excellent today.

Played a ‘different’ way, dug in when needed and handled ‘Liverpool away’ with real professionalism. Showed a clear level of learning and the ability to adapt in order to get a result. Well done Pep as he’s sacrificed his philosophy there to make sure we came away with something. Mature management.

We were the better side, on their patch, and they know it. We’ve sussed them out.

Laporte was immense today and easily the best he’s played for us. Came of age.

Should have won but a point will do in the grand scheme of the season.

Top of the league with Anfield out the way and no KDB. I’ll take that.
Excellent post and worthy of more than just a “like”.

Sums it up perfectly for me, I thought we showed some serious maturity today.

As I predicted, was great to see Mendy actually do a controlled performance, still managed to get forward at times but never to the detriment of his defensive duties. He gave the ball away a few times but never let that effect him.

Stones and Laporte were superb, not really sure why they haven’t been playing together more after doing well early season.

Bernardo had a superb second half, once the scouse midfield tired they just couldn’t hunt him down, his little pirouettes were leaving them for dead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.