Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

That Van Dijk one was a foul in my opinion. It was the correct decision. As was the one on Jesus.

I thought the Aguero one was.

I will watch the VVD one again on the TV but he definitely handballed it. Maybe fouled b4? Doubt it but will see...
The Aguero one Lovren kicks him and NOT the ball

Given how things played out, we should have won - and it’s disappointing on that basis that we didn’t properly put them back in their box. But let’s not make any mistake - it’s a far, far better result for us than them.
This

I will watch the VVD one again on the TV but he definitely handballed it. Maybe fouled b4? Doubt it but will see...
The Aguero one Lovren kicks him and NOT the ball

Defo handballed it but was off balance due to the jump by Fernandinho. I thought it wasn’t a bad decision that one. Some refs may still have given a pen and they may have got one had it been the other way around in front of the Kop but I think he got that right.

Some would argue not though.

We didn’t look utterly inept at any stage in that game mate. I don’t recall them really having any serious chances to score or them troubling us.

A huge improvement on last season v these and in no way ‘inept’.
There were parts of that game where we couldn't string two passes together, where we were hoofing the ball aimlessly, simple passes we normally make with our eyes closed going astray. But overall I'm pleased that we seemed to find a way to neutralise them at last, even if that was at the cost of our normal fluency.

Gotcha. I

Wow that's surprising. The most prepared manager in the world doesn't know who can take pens and who cant. I guess nobody is perfect. Pep is pretty damn close though!

It’s not just down to Pep he has a vast entourage of coaches and analysts who look at everything in depth. It’s hard to imagine that not one of then thought of looking at players PK stats. Schoolboy error by Pep and his coaching staff. Heads should roll, but not Pep obviously coz he’s quite good.

Lovren didn't touch the ball and made contact with Aguero, the ball is still there in close quarters to be won. Being the player he is Sergio tries to create a chance for himself. It shouldn't matter what the players reactions are, if they play on or protest has no bearing on the action. The players don't decide the outcome, imagine if they did....

I know Lovren didn't touch the ball.
The truth is referees don't give penalties very often,if at all,when a player tries to stay on their feet when fouled.

If that foul had been at the other end and Salah was on the end of it,my feeling would be that the ref would have called it,a "home" penalty if you like.

Enough said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.