Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been underwhelmed by Riyad when I was expecting so much.
But I think it's where Pep's playing him

For my money he's no winger He's a number 10 in a 442. Problem is we don't play 442.

We have Sane who is an out and out winger. Raheem is more versatile as he can play centrally.

If Mahrez is going to be effective he needs to play more centrally. But then he gets in the way of the Silvas.
Like I've said before, it will take time to get used to playing against parjed defenses. As he has spent the last few years playing counter attacking football and killing teams with his trickery in open space.

Not so easy to do that against parked defenses. Let, he has a good touch, and a decent pass. So he'll get better and find success

Hopefully, he improves on his decision making. He needs to trust others more and rhint quicker and release sooner. The talent is there, so he can adapt.

But this is a step up from Leicester.

Like I've said before, it will take time to get used to playing against parjed defenses. As he has spent the last few years playing counter attacking football and killing teams with his trickery in open space.

Not so easy to do that against parked defenses. Let, he has a good touch, and a decent pass. So he'll get better and find success

Hopefully, he improves on his decision making. He needs to trust others more and rhint quicker and release sooner. The talent is there, so he can adapt.

But this is a step up from Leicester.

There's something about the guy that I haven't liked from the get go. What you've said is all true but there's something else to it I think. I'm not gonna judge a guy after 400 minutes played but I've got my eye out on him. It might just be my eyes deceiving me because of his lanky look and the way he plays leaves him coming off very lethargic looking to me. You look at dave, bernie, raz, kevin, jesus, etc battling for every dual/tackle/block and that's a huge edge when everyone is doing it and infuriating when someone is not (gundogan).

Our best attacking threat today until Sane came on , not sure if he is a greedy player or just trying to justify his massive fee either way we are not seeing the player Leicester had and he shouldnt be starting before Sane , when he signed i looked to him as a squad player not a starter , and he has done nothing to change my opinion yet.

Give him time, just like Mendy he's a good player who isn't quite up to speed like the rest of the team yet.

I was happy with him for a lot of the game. I think he’s growing into the team. A few times he made the wrong decisions but hopefully it’ll click sooner rather than later.

But I was hoping he’d be taken off for Foden even before the penalty miss. Maybe he’d have preferred to now. ;-)

(I thought Foden might have added some other element if given a chance today)

His body language is terrible. Constantly slumps his shoulders, doesn't look confident at all.

Will give him more time but with his age and Prem experience he needs to be gelling in quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.