Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

You only just realised? He has to be the thickest, most boring man on television. He is bereft of personality.
Yeah, I don't usually watch the build up because I don't care what ex rags and dippers have to say about us. Last night was the first time for years. Thinking back about the game last night the main image I have is that fucking numpty and his gormless face

That performance today should give the team confidence they can go anywhere and get a result. The players played with a maturity, strength and a clear understanding of what Pep wanted. The way we handled ourselves when Eddie had the ball was a masterclass in how to keep calm under pressure.

I’ve slept on it and I’m very happy with that result.

We kept out the greatest attack in the world(tm) and we played them off the park. It was a tactical masterclass from Pep, and it shows he learns and adapts, something his critics refuse to acknowledge he does.

As for Mahrez and his penalty, I’m not annoyed at Mahrez any more, there’s no guarantee whoever else would have taken it would have put it away and we’d be cursing them instead. One of those thing, I have faith he’ll come good but he needs to play like a unit and stop tying to do everything himself, old habits die hard I guess after Leicester.

If that’s the best Liverpool can muster at their own ground then they really aren’t that much of a threat. And like others have said, we don’t have to go their again this season.

I’m short; great result.

In my opinion shit game, both teams were afraid to lose the game, no keeper really worked, no real chances created, we had golden ticket to win and fucked up

I like a hard fought 0-0 away from home against tough opponents. It was an intense and tactical game in my opinion. Enjoyed it more than the 4-3 last season.

I'm not having it for one second Pep told Mahrez to take that. "In front of the media I will protect you to the death, but here I'll tell you the truth". He was absolutely livid, he even did that same smile from his "happy new year" interview, where he shows his top teeth, albeit a lot quicker (I'm pretty good at reading body language). Make no doubt, he is f**king fuming and Mahrez is going to know about it.
Pep gave the instructions. Actual quotes. Plus He has apokogized to Gab.

regarding penalty takers if aguero is not on the pitch and we need the next best ederson would be best choice. but pep has said he would never let him take one. why. who knows. maybe out of respect to other team. after that the best one to just roll the ball home from 12 yards is john stones. often strikers are not the best option to take pens.

I couldn't really see the penalty when it was taken, I had this funny feeling, I was wishing Mahrez would show what he was made of but oh well. a draw at anfield it is a good result for us but it is bittersweet. I think Chelsea are the ones going to give us the run for the money anyway. I hope Kevin is coming back soon

Who should have taken the penalty?

Do these FIFA 19 ratings mean all that much...no. But is interesting to look at...I think so.

Jesus - 78
Mahrez - 77
D Silva - 75
B Silva - 66
Sane - 71
Fern - 61
Walker - 63
Stones - 44
Mendy - 50
Laporte - 41

Oh and by the way....Aguero - 83. KDB - 79. Ilkay - 76.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not just down to Pep he has a vast entourage of coaches and analysts who look at everything in depth. It’s hard to imagine that not one of then thought of looking at players PK stats. Schoolboy error by Pep and his coaching staff. Heads should roll, but not Pep obviously coz he’s quite good.

Doesn't look like giving Mahrez the shot was that poor of a call. Also, I believe Pep said Mahrez burries them in training. And yes, I realized I've now switched my position on the topic!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.