Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

The Anfield atmosphere is one of the biggest myths in football. Don't get me wrong, those flags and banners on the Kop look decent enough and when things are looking rosy on the pitch they can get it going alright but so can pretty much any other set of fans in the league. I often complain that our fans are too quiet if things aren't going too well for us on the pitch but I honestly think Liverpool fans are worse. As soon as there was a drop off in their intensity yesterday, the crowd suddenly went quiet. I wouldn't mind but it wasn't like they were getting battered - it was 0-0 and we were beginning to suss them out a bit. That's all it needed to silence the fuckers. We pretty much smashed their support out of the park all afternoon. One of my favourite moments was when "Where's your famous atmosphere?" got an airing on about 28 minutes and there was fuck-all response from their lot. Even funnier while we were singing that was looking over at their main stand and seeing one lone fan remonstrating with the Kop to get it going instead of just trying to get it going himself, plus loads of them in that main stand were weirdly making their way out of their seats. This wasn't just one or two fans going for a piss - it was literally a stream of them - and they certainly weren't getting in the queue for a half-time pint because this was before the half-hour mark. Fucking bizarre behaviour.

Like I say, they can certainly be loud at times but I swear that hearing the whole of the Hawthorns sing "The Lord Is My Shepherd" (as West Brom fans were some years back when they were beating us 2-0) makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck far more than anything I've ever witnessed from Liverpool fans.
Absolutely this.

I expected Gabriel and if there was an argument about it, David Silva insists on Gabriel or he take it himself.

That was bad captaincy in my opinion.
not convinced with Gabriel............never seen him take a pen......but someone should explain the offside rule to him.
Offside 4 times in the first 15 mins he was on.
Must be offside more than any PL striker.

I wouldn’t be so sure!

It was a mistake if he really didn’t know how bad Mahrez record is.

For someone who is so meticulous, I thought he would be aware of things like this.

Having said that no one really stands out as a natural penalty taker.

In a game of that magnitude I think either Fernandinho or Silva should have stepped up as senior players and taken control.

Both have of course missed for us as has Jesus twice.

Maybe he was

Thought he had a good game yesterday, penalty aside. Had Robertson on toast a few times.

Doubt people would be criticising his performance if the pen incident hadn't happened.
I thought he did ok but Sane is simply better.
Btw as soon as the pen was give i said give it marhez. I didnt know he was shit at them. Pep must have done.

Ok try this. You play your best 11 v a rival fucking team.

Which we did. Got the tactics spot on in that Mendy had the protection of Sterling. Once they had burnt out, it was a safer proposition to then bring on Sane.
I do agree with you that against all other teams, Sane should start

We've improved since last season. Pep has learned to adapt to them which means we'll twat them at Anfield next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.