Life Contentment

My life is like beef in guinness with (real) suet dumplings and rhubarb crumble and custard for afters.

I've ticked off one of my goals today - given blood for the hundredth time. Not a major achievement, but a commitment I've stuck with since I was young and I'm celibrating tonight with an delightful 18 year old. I might have another later if Ms swede lets me.

How do they compare to Beetham tower, all bigger?

Last question that I promise.

Yes Betham is 48 floors but has a higher floor to ceiling height. So only one of ours is bigger! It tops out in next couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good. Kids are all enjoying school and the Mrs managed to get a job with great hours and weekends off which in her line of work is quite rare. I decided about mid way through the year to move jobs even though the old job was a ten min car journey away. It paid off as I now earn more money to do an easy job where I can switch off come 5.30pm and not think about it.

Much better than a year and a half ago where I was the sole breadwinner until the littlest one started full time school and I was in a job I hated but couldn't afford to jack in as it kept the family fed and watered

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fucking shite at the moment for me. Wife's really ill, can't get out or go anywhere for a drink, meal, holiday or anything. Worst bit is there's very little chance of much improvement in the near future. I daren't even think about further down the road. Our plans to move abroad are fucked -unlike meself- and my business has taken a financial hit with all the time off i've had.
Me old dog is on it's way out, my best mates wife is very ill as well and i'm just generally worn out.
Thankfully we own our house and don't worry about cash too much. We've also got 2 wonderful grandkids that spend a lot of time with us. Without them, fuck knows what state i'd be in.
Terrible mate. Sorry to hear that about the wife and dog.

Fucking shite at the moment for me. Wife's really ill, can't get out or go anywhere for a drink, meal, holiday or anything. Worst bit is there's very little chance of much improvement in the near future. I daren't even think about further down the road. Our plans to move abroad are fucked -unlike meself- and my business has taken a financial hit with all the time off i've had.
Me old dog is on it's way out, my best mates wife is very ill as well and i'm just generally worn out.
Thankfully we own our house and don't worry about cash too much. We've also got 2 wonderful grandkids that spend a lot of time with us. Without them, fuck knows what state i'd be in.
Sorry to hear that, Stoner.

Had a life changing event a few years ago which, amongst other things, contributed to the failure of my marriage. Since then I’ve changed my idea of happiness and became cynical about everything. In April this year I met my now girlfriend and she’s shown me what happiness is again, in a way I literally fell out of faith with the last few years. A simple life being lead, with no plans made. Just each day being better than the last.

Last I heard, the soon to be ex wife found out the grass isn’t greener on the other side.
Was it the threesome with her mate that tipped the balance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.