Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought our strategy was to get an agreement with the player and then work with the club? If txiki has made multiple trips to negotiate already then surely this one should go through.

I'm assuming we won't get him, so as not to be disappointed. Like it or not, the magic of the name Barcelona will, I think, work its effect. When you're that age, how can you say no? Love to be proved wrong.

I don’t think Barcelona will get him. Busquets just turned 30, he doesn’t relay on pace and could play another 3 seasons easily. They also have many many midfielders.

I think they would of bought him had the price been low but I would be shocked if they paid the £70m or so price tag and then have him on the bench for most of the season. Don’t see him rotating with Busquets as he is not as good yet. Would play only when Busquets need a rest. Vidal is barely playing now and is upset. I just don’t see where De Jong fits in.

I think we’ll get him because he’ll immedaitey play a lot of games and would probably be our main starter already next season. Not going to happen at Barca. Also the transfer fee, we will probably pay it and I don’t think Barca could justify such a high fee for a bench player.

Malcom will probably soon regret his decision to join Barca as I don’t see too much playing time for him either.Would of been better off at Roma.

Manchester City have informed Ajax that they are willing to pay more than €70 million to sign midfielder Frenkie de Jong ahead of Barcelona, PSG and Tottenham. [Mundo Deportivo]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think Barcelona will get him. Busquets just turned 30, he doesn’t relay on pace and could play another 3 seasons easily. They also have many many midfielders.

I think they would of bought him had the price been low but I would be shocked if they paid the £70m or so price tag and then have him on the bench for most of the season. Don’t see him rotating with Busquets as he is not as good yet. Would play only when Busquets need a rest. Vidal is barely playing now and is upset. I just don’t see where De Jong fits in.

I think we’ll get him because he’ll immedaitey play a lot of games and would probably be our main starter already next season. Not going to happen at Barca. Also the transfer fee, we will probably pay it and I don’t think Barca could justify such a high fee for a bench player.

Malcom will probably soon regret his decision to join Barca as I don’t see too much playing time for him either.Would of been better off at Roma.
Agree with you. If he joins, he would be a starter from next season day 1. This is not to belittle Dinho's service, but just everything seems aligned, considering ability and age.

His biggest attribute for me is his confidence and calmness on the ball. It will be a shame if he went to some manager who doesn't appreciate it. And everyone knows that Pep loves these attributes. He can learn from the best in the business in a stable environment.

I would love to see this guy and Ederson combo making fun out of opposition pressing :)

Pay them whatever they want to get him in January. Give them Zinchenko as a sweetener.

He is perfect for us, but can we afford to wait til next season... I'm not sure.

Would love to sign ndombele in January and FDJ in the summer, maybe sacrifing Gundogan (sorry ilkay). Would allow fernandinho and Silva to put their feet up a bit more next season.

Would love to sign ndombele in January and FDJ in the summer, maybe sacrifing Gundogan (sorry ilkay). Would allow fernandinho and Silva to put their feet up a bit more next season.

Was just going to write this in another thread. Ndombele in January and De Jong maybe also in January with a loan back to Ajax until the summer would be perfect.

Gundogan out in January for £40m, offsetting most of Ndombele’s cost which could be £65m.

Going into next season we’d have a midfield of De Bruyne, D.Silva, Bernardo, Ndombele, Fernandinho, Foden and De Jong. Everyone would play many games and we’d be set for years to come.

Was just going to write this in another thread. Ndombele in January and De Jong maybe also in January with a loan back to Ajax until the summer would be perfect.

Gundogan out in January for £40m, offsetting most of Ndombele’s cost which could be £65m.

Going into next season we’d have a midfield of De Bruyne, D.Silva, Bernardo, Ndombele, Fernandinho, Foden and De Jong. Everyone would play many games and we’d be set for years to come.

No way we get 40 million for Gundogan. He's 28 in a week and has 18 months left on a deal we seem to be fairly non-plussed about renewing. Now perhaps thats because he's happy and we know he will sign one when we get around to him but personally I think the club don't rate him as highly as our other players. Think he was signed to be Pep's 6 but has proven himself to be very limited in that position. Also think its fairly obvious that if we had to chop one midfielder in the team 99% of people would pick Gundogan over KDB, DS, Bernardo, Ferna and Phil so we can expect it would be similarly obvious to any buying club as well.

That being said I wholeheartedly agree with eveything else you said and hope it works out that way, just think we'll only manage 20-25 for Ilkay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.