Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way we get 40 million for Gundogan. He's 28 in a week and has 18 months left on a deal we seem to be fairly non-plussed about renewing. Now perhaps thats because he's happy and we know he will sign one when we get around to him but personally I think the club don't rate him as highly as our other players. Think he was signed to be Pep's 6 but has proven himself to be very limited in that position. Also think its fairly obvious that if we had to chop one midfielder in the team 99% of people would pick Gundogan over KDB, DS, Bernardo, Ferna and Phil so we can expect it would be similarly obvious to any buying club as well.

That being said I wholeheartedly agree with eveything else you said and hope it works out that way, just think we'll only manage 20-25 for Ilkay.

In the past we were terrible at selling but that’s changed recently. Sold youngsters in their final contract years for good money for example.

But yea maybe £40m is a bit ambitious but the market has gone crazy and he is in his prime and played a big role in the greatest Premier League season in history. If he does go in January would be surprised if it’s for less than £30m. Think he would be an automatic starter in many teams in Europe outside of the elite ones.

In the past we were terrible at selling but that’s changed recently. Sold youngsters in their final contract years for good money for example.

But yea maybe £40m is a bit ambitious but the market has gone crazy and he is in his prime and played a big role in the greatest Premier League season in history. If he does go in January would be surprised if it’s for less than £30m. Think he would be an automatic starter in many teams in Europe outside of the elite ones.
A good replacement for Ramsey or Pogba.

Hopefully not a drawn out saga which sees him ultimately joining Barca.

We've seen this shit too many times over the years. He's expressed a clear preference for Barcelona so I'm inclined to think that's the way it'll play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.