Actors (like the ones in soaps)

Many years ago (in the Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner days) we had a few cast members as neighbours. They used to take us to rehearsals so I got to meet many of the cast in a "normal" setting. Most were playing themselves, exactly as you say, but some were playing a completely different character. Violet Carson, who played the battleaxe Ena Sharples, was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Jean Alexander (Hilda Ogden) was also quite classy in real life. More recently, the late Liz Dawn and her husband lived in the same block of flats as my mum and she was lovely, not at all like Vera Duckworth. Also met Kate Ford who plays Tracey Barlow and she was also fantastic.

I agree totally that Prisoner Cell Block H was so bad that you had to watch it.
The one I dont like is the one who is now in Scott & Bailey
She must be shagging someone at the BBC as she's in so many drama's on BBC First, she actually spoils some of them, lousy actor.

You obviously never saw Bluey or A Country Practise mate :)

Bluey was top entertainment, the fastest fat bastard to ever waddle the planet, never seen A country practice.
But I do revisit the odd episode of cell block H (usually the worse for wear after a night on the lash), its f*cking addictive shite at its very best.

A few years ago I came over to England to attend my Mothers funeral, I stayed at my brothers house.
We were watchers of Coronation St which is on pay tv down under, anyway I think were about 6 months behind the UK with the episodes.
One day I was on my own so I flicked the telly on and saw Coronation st was on, I started watching, I didnt know or recognise the storyline and even some actors that appeared were new to me.
What became very obvious to me after about 10 or 15 minutes was how bad the acting was, terrible in fact, I couldnt believe it, why hadnt I noticed this before ?
I thought about it and decided that when your involved with the storyline you just dont notice bad acting as your kind of entranced (almost hypnotised) in whats going on. Its very addictive.

Never watched it since and glad to be out of the cycle of 'having' to watch it.
There's a brilliant piss take called Damnation St on YouTube.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.