General Videogame Thread

Yeah that's the main reason I wanted to switch from my r9 280, have AMD gone more power efficient these days or is it much the same?
From what I read they have done mate yeah.
I think Intel and Nvidia are still ahead of them in power efficiency but they've got the budget market locked as far as I see it

From what I read they have done mate yeah.
I think Intel and Nvidia are still ahead of them in power efficiency but they've got the budget market locked as far as I see it
That's good to hear as it's the only thing that was letting the R9 series down, I've no real preference between Nvidia or AMD personally. I just tend to go for the best price/performance ratio which AMD usually win, at the price points I'm willing to pay. The 1060 probably would have been the exception but then the bitcoin thing happened.

On my current setup I'm getting 60fps on GTA V with most settings on very high, I don't even game enough to spend a lot on a video card these days either. So I can wait a while and hope that the prices come back down to sane levels at some point next year.

That's good to hear as it's the only thing that was letting the R9 series down, I've no real preference between Nvidia or AMD personally. I just tend to go for the best price/performance ratio which AMD usually win, at the price points I'm willing to pay. The 1060 probably would have been the exception but then the bitcoin thing happened.

On my current setup I'm getting 60fps on GTA V with most settings on very high, I don't even game enough to spend a lot on a video card these days either. So I can wait a while and hope that the prices come back down to sane levels at some point next year.
Likewise mate, I don't have a big preference although I did go Intel i5 8400 as it's a bit better than the Ryzen at that pricepoint for gaming apparently.
Think I was going to go Nvidia 1060 but I discovered the Rx 570 and with the extra gig of ram and absolutely miles better DX12 support it's won me over

Likewise mate, I don't have a big preference although I did go Intel i5 8400 as it's a bit better than the Ryzen at that pricepoint for gaming apparently.
Think I was going to go Nvidia 1060 but I discovered the Rx 570 and with the extra gig of ram and absolutely miles better DX12 support it's won me over
Yeah I was talking more about GPUs there. I've always automatically gone with Intel for CPUs to be fair, I'm probably am a bit biased on that but they're normally a safe choice.

Few more details on Red Dead Redemption 2 have dropped

88gb game size plus 3gb day one patch

60 hour main mission

100% completing the game will take around 100-150 hours

Biggest game map Rockstar have created(almost 3 times bigger than Red Dead Redemption)

192 missions and side missions

500,000 lines of dialogue (Fallout 4 has 110,000)

Online will release 2 weeks after the game

Development started in 2012

300,000 motion capped animations

Rumoured to be the most expensive video game ever made

2 weeks to wait until we can go online? Bunch of arse.

Not sure if this is possible but im not very techy so thought id ask in here. I've got two PS4s but one PS4 online account that I play off both, I was just wondering if there is a way I can play my saved games on both consoles rather than getting halfway through a game on one but having to start again on the other? Hope that makes sense!

Yeah but the R9 390 is a massive power hog in comparison.
The R9 390 is around 245w TDP
The Rx 570 is around 122w TDP

Both cards perform fairly similarly but the RX 570 is newer and more power efficient
I love a good computer game,but I haven't got a fucking clue what this post is about
:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.