Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Stones is not 'available' but neither is De Ligt, right now anyway. But a lot of people and big clubs talks about him as the next big thing, and he is. City will regret not buying this kid and instead extend with Kompany. That would surprise me, when they should think longterm.

Then why is half of Europe's top clubs after De Ligt and no one for Stones?

Stones is already at the best club in the world. They might have a chance of poaching this Matty bloke before he gets here though.

I know Stones is not 'available' but neither is De Ligt, right now anyway. But a lot of people and big clubs talks about him as the next big thing, and he is. City will regret not buying this kid and instead extend with Kompany. That would surprise me, when they should think longterm.
Stones is already an important member in one of the best clubs in the world, and City doesn`t need the money either. De Ligt plays in a farmers league for a team that is known for producing great players and selling them to the best clubs in the world. There is a huge difference. Sule, for example, is a huge talent but no clubs are linked to him since he`s already playing for one of the best teams in the world (Bayern). De Ligt is way too good to play in Eredivisie his whole career, and will move on to seek bigger challenges, while Stones and Sule are already playing at the highest level

This would be my team too, expect Mahrez would replace Sterling. I think there is a lot left in him. Once Mahrez finds the best version of himself again, under Pep, he would be unstoppable.
De Ligt would also take the spot over Stones. Stones is great and has developed well, but De Ligt is simply better. That says alot about his tremendous talent.

I can’t agree with you here at all but I respect a confiden bold post.

Stones is already an important member in one of the best clubs in the world, and City doesn`t need the money either. De Ligt plays in a farmers league for a team that is known for producing great players and selling them to the best clubs in the world. There is a huge difference. Sule, for example, is a huge talent but no clubs are linked to him since he`s already playing for one of the best teams in the world (Bayern). De Ligt is way too good to play in Eredivisie his whole career, and will move on to seek bigger challenges, while Stones and Sule are already playing at the highest level

I understand, but I am simply looking at the way they play. Stones is elegant, smart, great passing etc.
De Ligt is so strong, reads the game great, great passing, a true leader and has a style that reminds a lot of Laporte; great timed sliding tackles and really decisive tackles and a strong presense. He stopped Sané on several occasions yesterday and made Cristiano Ronaldo look like a little girl when Portugal met Holland. This guy happens to play in a farmers league, but you can see he could slot into any backline in the world, including Barca and Real Madrid.

City need this guy. We would be set in our defensive department for 8-10 years. Three world class centrebacks in Stones, Laporte and De Ligt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.