Bluemoon Angling Thread

fS, who would eat a Barbel!
True mate. And they night line my local carp and trout lakes. They will scoff anything.
There were pictures in the press of one set of nets that were found, you could see dead barbel and a salmon.

True mate. And they night line my local carp and trout lakes. They will scoff anything.
There were pictures in the press of one set of nets that were found, you could see dead barbel and a salmon.
A bunch of us were away last week and got talking about the future of the sport. There seem so many challenges:
Poaching
Climate change
Fish farms
Extraction of water from rivers
Factory fishing of feed species
Lack of youngsters taking up the sport
Lack of environmental protection/interest when compared with furry/feathery creatures
Weak pollution controls

It was quite depressing really. Anglers of all persuasions are pretty good environmentalists. They are on the rivers and lakes/lochs more than just about everyone.They act as an early warning system for problems. Unfortunately, they also seem to be the only ones who care about safeguarding future stocks of wild fish. We should form a RSPF for sure.

Anyone out this weekend ?

I'm down to the Severn after perch tomorrow. Perfect weekend. City Saturday, fishing Sunday.

Met with my usual success today, plenty of small dace and 2 gudgeon. My mate had 4 perch between 1lb and 1lb 9 ozs on half a lobworm. And right at the death he had a barbel of 7lbs 7 ozs.

My brother was on the Staffs and Worcester canal at Tixall and had a perch of 2lbs 4 ozs on maggot as well as load of roach

I went out for a couple of hours float fishing little live baits for perch in the marina on Friday but couldn’t get a bite.

Just got back from chasing a few bass... normally pump my own bait and have decent success , tonight my back was too bad to pump so my old man bought me some yellow tail worm.... they were wrank , not a good start to the night , then the handle on my Abu multiliplier snapped !! No bass and no sign of the mystical cod!!

Nice to be out though :-)

Just got back from chasing a few bass... normally pump my own bait and have decent success , tonight my back was too bad to pump so my old man bought me some yellow tail worm.... they were wrank , not a good start to the night , then the handle on my Abu multiliplier snapped !! No bass and no sign of the mystical cod!!

Nice to be out though :-)
Where were you fishing?

If anyone's out this weekend, keep us posted. I can't get out so I'll be stir crazy though if I can find an hour I may make a pathetic attempt at drop-shotting on the grand union.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.