The tide is turning?

The rags aren’t going to win the league this season, nor next season in all probability. So if you are about 10 you aren’t actually going to remember the rags winning anything bar the odd FA Cup. In the meantime City and Chelsea have hoovered up multiple titles, in City’s case with record breaking elan. The longer the relative periods of success and failure continue, the more pronounced the changes in terms of how visible each team is amongst young kids will become.

My wife comes from the Isle of Man, and we go over there on the ferry once a year to visit family. We travel home on a Saturday, and in the past I have seen swathes of Dipper fans going to games, and a fair number of Rags too. Coming home this year on the day of the Fulham game, there were dozens of kids in City shirts obviously going to the game. I have never seen that before.
We'll I never, the Isle of Manc now baja?
Presumably some of that is due to David Silva who's from one of the Canary Islands, and Guardiola for being Spanish?
Ahem, Catalonian mate.

My 7 year old lad has just started football training once a week in Northwich and it warms your heart to see swathes of light blue shirts rather than raggy red ones!!
Slowly but surely they're becoming irrelevant......apart from the two games against us where we hoover up 6 points!

I just got back from a week in Tenerife and I noticed a similar thing going on over there - loads of kids in City shirts, barely saw any Rag ones. Also saw loads of City tops in the souvenir shops on the sea front with De Bruyne on the back next to the likes of Messi, Ronaldo etc. but no Rag shirt in sight!
Its funny you should say that. I was talking to my mate in Nuneaton yesterday. His sons a City fan like half of his class. He's just got back from Turkey and he bought his lad a jekyll City top. The Turkish guy told him City were the best sellers out of all the euro teams. The future is blue.

My 7 year old lad has just started football training once a week in Northwich and it warms your heart to see swathes of light blue shirts rather than raggy red ones!!
Slowly but surely they're becoming irrelevant......apart from the two games against us where we hoover up 6 points!
I live in Northwich pal. When I moved there in 2006 I used to take my exes daughter to football practice at Leftwich pitches. Full of rag n Liverpool tops. I'd only just started taking her to City and I remember saying keep your head up and be proud to be blue. Out of about 40 kids she and one other lad were the only City fans. Forward 12 years and every time I go to town now, I'm seeing kids with City tops everywhere. It's fantastic to see.

I went yesterday saw loads of young ones with city shirts on ,nice to see the league cup and the premiership cup with city ribbons on .

Just got back from a journey to some of our lovely coastal towns. My last stop in Saltburn and Redcar showed a few 6-10yo lads and girls with City tops. A fella i am now mates with who is not a footy fan himself bought his 2yo boy a City kit, i saw him come in the bar with it as he was taking it to his kid right after his shift. I got reminded what our last match at the riverside was like a few times though haha. I saw no kids in utd tops, well, a well fed teenager about 16 but he had pink and gold trainers so does not count.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.