Lyon travel plans

Manchester to Dublin monday morning
Dublin to Lyon for Monday afternoon.
8 berth apartment in Lyon
Lyon to Dublin Wednesday afternoon
Dublin to Manchester

£180 All in

Easy for me! The advantage of living in Spain means that I can nearly always find cheap flights. 88 euros return from Madrid to Lyon, two nights in an apartment in the city centre. Monday to Wednesday.

One of my first away trips was to Lyon back in 1999. It was a brilliant trip in a beautiful city. There was no trouble and everyone mixed well in the main areas. After the game when you are kept in saw the 10,000 group if us bounce and sing the whole time. A massive wedge of Lyon fans stayed behind to watch us.

As we left the ground we turned onto a road back into the City Centre. On both sides were lined Lyon fans. I remember saying to our group to get ready for a set too.

As we approached them they started to applaud us and it was magic as well as a relief. The pub we were in most in our five days there was called Max’s Bar and was at that time owned by the brother of a Marseille player. If your nearby it I would recommend it. If it’s the same owner tell them I sent you. He will, always provided food to keep drinking. He didn’t realise we would have with ot without food.

Great place. Great people. And the French weren’t bad either. :)

Going Manchester - Barca, night at my mates gaff then Barca - Lyon for one night. Back to Barca for another night then back home. Flights £85 all in, hotel £50 and 3 day travel pass for Barca £25.

Cant wait.

Tues 0830 Birmingham - Paris
Tues 1650 Paris - Lyon
Staying in an absolute dive called hôtel holiday

Wed 1430 Lyon - Paris
Wed 1840 Paris - Lyon

£170 all in, booked quite a while ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.