Mind blowing facts

I tend to skim read articles. I thought it read mind blowing farts. I then sat pondering my previous flatulent episodes... I gave up after 10 minutes.

I have an idea for a time machine. If my understanding is correct.

If I get on a plane, I go through time. This was proven with two atomic clocks, one was put on a plane and it was out (slower compared to the stationary one in the airport) when it landed.

So travelling at speed slows time down, and the faster you go, the more time slows.

But distance doesn't matter, i.e. you could travel at speed in a circle, in the same place yes?

Just cos time slows down at certain speeds doesnt mean you can travel into the future and that everything is predetermined. You are just slowing down the aging process and the time events take to happen relative to another place.

There's lots of debate about the nature of determinism in the Universe as you may imagine.

All I'll say is that nothing is magic. It's just complicated. If we had absolutely perfect information about the Universe, we could predict the future with 100% accuracy.

What we call randomness is really just highly complex mechanisms that are too complex for us to understand and measure currently.

With that in mind, the nature of free will becomes a bit of an irrelevant notion.

There are more people alive today than have ever lived.

Every time I see this it blows me away.
Maybe the planet is under a little pressure.

Not so. The stat is that one in 9 people who've ever lived is alive today. I recall a £1 million question on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire that asked the question 'Approximately what percentage of people who have ever lived are alive today?' The options I think were 0.01% 0.1%, 1% and 10%. The answer was 10%.

Not so. The stat is that one in 9 people who've ever lived is alive today. I recall a £1 million question on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire that asked the question 'Approximately what percentage of people who have ever lived are alive today?' The options I think were 0.01% 0.1%, 1% and 10%. The answer was 10%.

Can’t argue with Tarrant on knowledge. He invented the Phantom Flan Flinger. Beat that Hawkins. If you were still alive. Or even you Dawkins, you would never get a Saturday morning show going on about fucking evolution through natural selection. Unless you had tigers fighting bears or something.

And Cox, you should go back to playing keyboard in a shit band for all the good your programmes about Fucking planets and shit does. Who cares mate?

I read an interesting article in my copy of new scientist this week.

Some mad professor has proven beyond doubt using hyper maths and a slide rule that this is, in fact "their year"...

Blew me away.

Since Man Utd last scored 5 goals in a domestic match, Man City have done it 27 times.

Oh wait, the thread title is "mind blowing facts", my mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.