City & Barca in talk with Mexican club atlas fc

Chi-town blues

Club Atlas are in talks with European heavyweights Manchester City and Barcelona about forming sporting partnerships, with a former Pep Guardiola player at the heart of discussions, Mediatempo reports.

Rafael Márquez, who played for Barcelona from 2003 and 2010 and thus played there during the golden era under Guardiola, is the club president of Atlas and is using his connections to Barcelona and Pep Guardiola to explore new working agreements.

The relationships, should they be formalised, would see players go to and from Atlas and either or both Manchester City and Barcelona, in an attempt to raise the standard and profile of the Liga MX club while giving the European clubs access to the Mexican football scene.

Márquez is well regarded at Barcelona, while his connection to Guardiola means City could look favourably at such an agreement if they receive Pep’s recommendation.
The City Football Group has hubs all over the world, with the club closest to Mexico being New York City FC in the USA, but should a partnership be agreed with Atlas, it would give them more access to another footballing hotbed.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mc...a-mx-club-about-player-partnership-report/amp

Would have to be us or barca.
What if they had a great talent - would city or barca get 1st choice?

In theory, with the Barcelona/Pep style of football being very popular in Latin America, there is undoubtedly talent to be discovered. In practice, we'll see how well it is implemented

This makes perfect sense for City. Atlas are a great club but less mainstream than Chivas, the other team that also reside in Guadalajara in the state of Jalisco. Guadalajara is considered Méxicos 2nd City in terms of size and commercial importance, full of character and culture.

Whilst I like Atlas (its the team my Mexican Wife's family support) I always thought City would buy Cruz Azul and rebrand it to Mexico City FC. That or Monterrey (though their owners have some serious money). I appreciate when you say it in Spanish it wouldn't be MCFC but you get the point :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.