City & Barca in talk with Mexican club atlas fc

Whilst I like Atlas (its the team my Mexican Wife's family support) I always thought City would buy Cruz Azul and rebrand it to Mexico City FC. That or Monterrey (though their owners have some serious money). I appreciate when you say it in Spanish it wouldn't be MCFC but you get the point :-)
Any promising talent from atlas ?

Any promising talent from atlas ?

I must admit I don't follow them that closely since I left Latin America but to be frank they aren't the best team. I think they are bottom of the league currently (and they finished low down last season) which is probably what's driving this from their side. I think in the first instance its to get talent from Europe and then build a base for Mexicans. Chivas is the big team in Guadalajara and they have one of these nationalistic policies (ie they only recruit Mexicans) and i think they attract all the talent. For me its more of a commercial thing for City. When I first went to Mexico about 9 years ago you couldn't buy a City shirt anywhere - now if you go in any Liverpool (the equivalent of Selfridges) they will have it - I got my nephew one last time I was there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.