Spurs (A) Post match Thread

They could have won the league twice in that time and had 2 semi final appearances. They had their chances but blew them.
Interesting to see how they get on in this now infamous new stadium. Their bitter local rival have not fared to well in terms of the league since they moved house. The old Lane had a kind of fortress appearance a bit like Highbury had back in the day and I wonder if they will be able to generate the same atmosphere and potentially a fear factor.

I think Chelsea will get Top 4 too, which leaves the 4th and 5th places for....any one from Arsenal or Spurs.

Meaning Man Ure finish 6th or below.
I think the Rags will finish above Spuds the top three are almost certainly nailed on already and Arsenal look best placed for 4th. Spuds look tired, the manager appears demotivated and the fans pissed off. Can't see anything other than a press of the reset button and an early start to planning the 19/20 season.

I don't see how we're in disagreement. Spurs are in jeopardy of finishing out of the top 4 b/c they haven't spent; United may eke out a top-4 spot b/c they'll almost certainly spend big in the Winter window and, if you throw enough money at something - however ill-spent - you're bound to eventually succeed (Chelsea are vulnerable for me - a Hazard injury away from finishing out of the C/L spots unless some sort of compensating signings occur over the Winter window).
They done alright the other day without Hazard. I think they will get top four comfortably and may in the long run prove more of a challenge than the Dippers.

They done alright the other day without Hazard. I think they will get top four comfortably and may in the long run prove more of a challenge than the Dippers.
Whatever happens - such an exciting league this year - best managers by far of any league and a ton of talent as well - just eclipsing the Spanish giants and Munich.

Respectfully disagree.

I think that Spurs have underspent.

Competition for the top 4 is fierce - Us - Liverpool - Arsenal - Chelsea - United - and Spurs. There are 6 teams on that list - and finishing out of the top 4 is financially punishing. Spurs are unlikely to win the league - but they need to spend more to give themselves the best chance possible of finishing top 4 (which is now much more in doubt than it need be if they'd only have spent).

but they are a top 4 club already and if they beat us the other night would have been above us so somebody at spurs is doing something right, and looking to the future its a good thing and building a new stadium right now is the only way spurs could compete with the rest, spurs are ok and close to the other top 4 clubs but manchester city are in another league to the rest and when you start to panic (united) and spend big money in chasing something that is not really there, and you think what is there long term plans if spending big is not working

PS

nicely put in response (Respectfully disagree) you can have good banter and chew over the fat this is what this site is all about, not bitching and moaning and sticks and stones

also the 2 clowns neville and carragher going on about spurs not winning the title and not spending big money on the squad in trying to win the league, maybe they should look and talk about the truth ??? when another club is so far in front (manchester city) spending big money on chancing 2nd or 4th is daft, just ask united and liverpool are they any better than spurs NOPE, united must be up to £ 700million since fergie left 5 years ago and liverpool not that far behind

for me spurs have got it spot on build a new stadium now and just wait and see and try and ride out the storm that is called (manchester city) yes it may take 5 to 10 years but why waste money in knowing it's what everybody else is doing in chasing 2nd best and not looking to the future, united are miles off after chasing city and liverpool been chancing united and city for 30 years and still not won the title
I get your point but Spurs have signed some really good players and some duds. Remember the likes of Janssen? He was waste of money. I don’t think Spurs will ever win the league with Levy. Too many deadline day signings for one thing. Too me they are a bit like Arsenal top 4 is enough.

I get your point but Spurs have signed some really good players and some duds. Remember the likes of Janssen? He was waste of money. I don’t think Spurs will ever win the league with Levy. Too many deadline day signings for one thing. Too me they are a bit like Arsenal top 4 is enough.
I totally agree... even more so - Levy could care less about trophies it seems to me. Just make a buck. They'll sell any player to anyone - even in the league - given the right price.

So yeah... they've got the Arsenal mentality - but even worse - finishing outside the top 4 is OK - just earn a buck.

I'm from the States (but am not a big fan of American football).

Anyhow, my take on this...

How hard would it have been to have the City/Spurs game on, say Saturday (or Sunday) and then screw up the field for a Sunday/Monday American football match (i.e., play the American football match the day following the City/Spurs game - since the City/Spurs game won't have ruined the pitch for American football - rather than the other way round)?
Not very easy, in fact impossible, as there have been 3 NFL games over the three previous weekends, which Wembley had a long standing contract with the NFL for. Something they didn't have with Spurs, who took a chance after the first couple of home games, that they wouldn't need Wembley, and failed miserably. The NFL contract was for the full 3 weeks, and Spurs couldn't play in that period at Wembley, their previous "home" games was on Oct 6th before the NFL contract started. There was also no way to get those pitch marking off in less than 24 hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.