Major Manchester bar operator goes into liquidation

I think people are slowly starting to figure out that the NQ is grossly overpriced across the board and there are better, cheaper places elsewhere in town. I used to drink almost exclusively in Cane & Grain, but have since migrated to the Salisbury where it's over a quid cheaper a pint and has a top jukebox and pool table, even though as i live in ancoats it's further to go.

Trendy places eventually do die when the scene changes. My old local was gentrified and now nobody goes in there after some initial excitement.

They don’t know what they’re doing, the beer mings and the food is overpriced.

Personally I’ve always felt the NQ a bit of a shithole. Maybe age has something to do with that.

MCC needs to act here before it goes the same way as the Curry Mile. They could have pedestrianised this area and diverted traffic on a new relief road and made it a top class destination look under the tarmac in the NQ and there's all the old lovely cobbles. Get them stripped back.

MCC needs to act here before it goes the same way as the Curry Mile. They could have pedestrianised this area and diverted traffic on a new relief road and made it a top class destination look under the tarmac in the NQ and there's all the old lovely cobbles. Get them stripped back.
Was just saying the same the other day. Cobbled closed roads and outside seating/heaters/markets etc

All of these bars open in a blaze of publicity / celebs etc and within months go into liquidation and another bar opens in their place - brash opening and celebs abound and then go into liquidation etc etc etc
The city centre long ago reached saturation point.... Chorlton will be next to be hit when they do up Moston Lane into the next hip place to go.

Ah, Moston Lane! I still drive down Moston Lane off Rochdale Road, right turn into Conran Street, etc, on matchdays. Will do today. I shall pass on yer compliments, MES. Once upon a time yer could get the finest muffins in the entire fuckin' world from Wards on Moston Lane. Now it's a fuckin' Asda, chargin' 'Apper'ayites thruppence less for their Abu Dhabi diesel than Rochdalians are screwed for!

NQ, and the centre in general quickly became saturated with trendy new bars and concepts. The amount was never sustainable over any length of time. They may do well on a Friday and Saturday night (especially the coming ones up to Christmas) but most the rest of the week they will struggle, and as much as they take on the weekend, they will struggle to cover all overheads and make a profit. Simply isn't enough custom to go round them all.

They will come and go, but the established boozers like The Salisbury, Lass, City, Vine etc will continue mostly.

Never bothered with the NQ since a bouncer told me and my mate we could not come in as we appeared drunk. We had only drank a pint each in the Hare & Hounds. We told him he was full of shit and was pumping up his own ego as he had a girly fan club watching who were dressed for Tiger Tiger. He still thought he was on the door down Deansgate locks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.