Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

It's not even about the owners. It's the money, and the fact we have more to spend than most of the others. As I'm sure you and many others here knew anyway.

The big teams hate us because we're a threat to their dominance and the smaller teams hate us because we got the luck of the draw that they didn't. Their fans at least. But the owner stuff is just a means for them to execute their disdain, which is about the money, and the jealousy of how well we'rerun too..

Man City are part owned by CITIC group, which has very obvious links to the Chinese government, considering it's actually state owned. President Xi even came over to meet his hero Aguero. China has a long list of human rights issues that puts most other countries to shame. It was only a little over a month ago they detained the then President of Interpol without letting anyone know!

But why don't people criticise City for being part owned by an evil corrupt Chinese government?

Because as I said, it's not about the owners. Fans just love complaining and if they can somehow look virtuous and honourable in the process then all the better. How many Liverpool fans have said they'd stop supporting Liverpool if they were taken over by "The Arabs"? When we know they're just being sanctimonious and the reality is, is that if they were taken over by an Arab consortium tomorrow they'd be rolling out the red carpet because it'd be good for the club that for some unknown reason they love.

I mean City fans are no different, the hysteria by some in the Super league thread is all the same.

But in this specific case as to why they're such hypocrites, it's because they have to be because what else are they going to complain about? Otherwise they'd have to admit the fact they're just jealous.

But that's just the price of success. You ever notice how all the super popular teams like Liverpool, Atletico, Tottenham, Dortmund, Napoli never seem to win much (or at all!) compared to their peers? I'd rather not be liked. I want people to have to claw out reasons to hate us because it means we're winning. Even the great Barcelona side of 08-12 is constantly accused of doping by bitter fans.

I don't for one second believe City are totally squeaky clean in all these areas. But nor do I think we're particularly naughty, especially no more than any other team, and doubly so any other team would be in our position.

But as I said, it's difficult to criticize City for being the most well run, forward thinking, forward planning club that plays the best and most beautiful football with a squad of players that are frankly quite tough to dislike. So they'll just to settle for moaning about our dirty money, our evil Arab owners, and most heinous of all, Fernandinho's gamesmanship.
Very good post.

How do you know we’ve not? Or have nothing to answer to or maybe can’t deny anything? Who knows?
Football Leaks comes and goes. In a few months another ‘major story’ will break. Zzzzz

We gave statement of denial and anger but we could have easily given a statement along the lines of what I said saying how it was all rubbish and explaining why that was the case etc. We could have got lawyers involved. We could have demanded an apology and retraction

We gave statement of denial and anger but we could have easily given a statement along the lines of what I said saying how it was all rubbish and explaining why that was the case etc. We could have got lawyers involved. We could have demanded an apology and retraction
There was nothing to deny.
I'm sure we did negotiate with UEFA and I'm sure we used legal threats in that negotiation.

Nothing wrong with that despite the sensationalism of the stories.

I seem to recall that city's fine for failing ffp was shared out amongst the other champs league clubs...I think that sums up what a crock of shit this whole ffp is. Would this happen in any other industry? E.g. imagine if asda made a loss if 30 million quid. Should they be fined and the money given to aldi?

Well my understanding is being ironic is when something is contrary/strange/different to what is expected but you thought it was ironic but not surprised by it?

Hece the reason for explaining to you why we thought it was just typical fans behaviour than something surprising/different/contrary to normal fans behaviour. Clearly a misunderstanding of the point you was trying to make, rather than trying to dig you out.

Contrary, now that's a word you should know well.

I seem to recall that city's fine for failing ffp was shared out amongst the other champs league clubs...I think that sums up what a crock of shit this whole ffp is. Would this happen in any other industry? E.g. imagine if asda made a loss if 30 million quid. Should they be fined and the money given to aldi?
I think Liverpool got a chunk of it, even though they weren't even in the CL that year. It's corrupt beyond belief.

What's this €2.7 billion figure I keep seeing in headlines and tweets?
Just sensationalist bullshit to get attention. They are implying that's the amount "pumped into man city" over the last 7 years by Sheikh Mansour himself. I'm not even sure how that adds up even if you included the Etihad Sponsorship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.