Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

That might be right.

You could imagine a situation where they end up with guaranteed qualification plus more money, for the 'elite' teams, which of course would include those bent Milan c.unts

Thing you have to bear in mind is that all our earnings can be reinvested. No matter how much Italian clubs earn there are organised criminals and politicians to pay off so they'll never compete properly.

This will put our rose-tinted view of our owners to the test.

If they are the altruists we like to think, they will go with the fans and oppose it.

If their primary motive is the promotion of Abu Dabi, it might turn out differently.

Why not merge the CL and Super League ideas?

Play the Super League Summer to Christmas - 4 groups of 4 - home and away. Rotate the groups each year in an agreed format so over 2/3 years all the big teams play each other.

At the same time have a CL as now with all the other teams competing on domestic league placings apart from the ones in the super league.

At the end of each competition have a KO where the four group winners play each other to win a trophy.

In the new year merge the two and sets of group winners and have a straight knock out trophy as now.

Two separate competitions funded as they wish for half the season, but with only a few extra games to what we have now so not impacting domestic league participation.

Post Christmas a KO as now where everyone has a chance of playing everyone - presumably with some advantages to the group winners in the draw.

Creates the super league without wrecking all the other competitions.

Cartel bull...11 teams guaranteed 20yrs and £Billions..5 English teams(no chance that will happen)
guess who will miss out (the club they hate)
They've been looking for a way to fcuk us over for years why would they stop now
Like it or not, we are part of the Cartel now. And we are too big for the others to fcuk us over.

This will put our rose-tinted view of our owners to the test.

If they are the altruists we like to think, they will go with the fans and oppose it.

If their primary motive is the promotion of Abu Dabi, it might turn out differently.

Very true. It has been an incredible journey the last 10 years and we have the owners to thank for that but we have also been fortuitous that the owners desires to transform the club also have run parallel to the aspirations of the fans.

As fans we have basked in the success and watched some thrilling football and for the owners they have raised the profile of Abu Dhabi and Improved the commercial viability and value of their investment which could only be achieved by success on the field.

Now we reach the tipping point for me where the interests of the fans and club hits a fork in the road.

I personally have always been sceptical with the model for City Football Group and the fact were mooted as one of the 11 who will not face relegation for 20 years suggests at the minimum we have been consulted or are playing a much greater role in the discussions. Sadly I think the commercial objectives will take precedence over the greater good of football and interests of the fans.

We can only hope that the bad press those clubs involved receive could temporarily stop this being discussed and planned.

Very true. It has been an incredible journey the last 10 years and we have the owners to thank for that but we have also been fortuitous that the owners desires to transform the club also have run parallel to the aspirations of the fans.

As fans we have basked in the success and watched some thrilling football and for the owners they have raised the profile of Abu Dhabi and Improved the commercial viability and value of their investment which could only be achieved by success on the field.

Now we reach the tipping point for me where the interests of the fans and club hits a fork in the road.

I personally have always been sceptical with the model for City Football Group and the fact were mooted as one of the 11 who will not face relegation for 20 years suggests at the minimum we have been consulted or are playing a much greater role in the discussions. Sadly I think the commercial objectives will take precedence over the greater good of football and interests of the fans.

We can only hope that the bad press those clubs involved receive could temporarily stop this being discussed and planned.

Neither of us is knocking our owners. Far from it. We’ve been incredibly fortunate. However, this is an entirely realistic possibility in my opinion.

Even if they are reluctant, it would be almost impossible for them to stand by and watch others pull up the ladder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.