Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

This is just the latest attemp (albeit a much larger cynical attempt) to drag us through the mud in front of the world - the attack is directly aimed at the 2 clubs the rest of the old footballing world order is scared off - ourselves and PSG

I dont think some footballing fans realise what will happen should this cause us to show our hand and basically challenge FFP, along with PSG, and get it removed altogether as it was basically brought in with the help of those old G14 dogs to stop us from spending what was available and kept the door firmly closed on another club trying to do the same

The fact is UEFA have already punished us and when those clubs had the chance to challenge the severity of the decision - none did because they were too busy laughing thinking that it was game over

• We’re cheating ****s
  • Should be stripped of all titles
  • Thrown out of the PL, CL (take your pick)
  • Expelled (lol) from football
Oh and we’re cheating ****s

goodo.

so, as far as I can make out;

- City did something that bent/broke/pushed (?) the FFP rules - something to do with inflated sponsors to the tune of £15m? - a few years ago, UEFA tried to do them, City pushed back with legal threats and Infantino stepped in to mediate talks.

- Then there was some balls about a loaned player i couldnt be bothered reading.

- Something about Image rights that got sorted.

- Then all this has raised it's head, on the back of a leaked tranche of emails describing the wishes for a Euro Super League but the City related stuff is (mostly?) rehashed old stuff. Mainly fans of other clubs but plenty of journos and perhaps some governing bodies have started seeing their arses.

- Big groundswell of fury over, what, £15m quid that bends/breaks the rules of a policy designed to protect a cartel of clubs that cant stand competition, some of which receive over 1bn (pounds/euros) in a variety of sponsorship deals and many of which in all likelihood have very sketchy financial goings on in the past 25 years.

is that what we're reading here? and City, like every club, might have some journos on side?

• We’re cheating ****s
  • Should be stripped of all titles
  • Thrown out of the PL, CL (take your pick)
  • Expelled (lol) from football
Oh and we’re cheating ****s

You missed the bit about Pep and the team having to be tarred, feathered and strung up from lampposts outside the town hall whilst all City fans are required to forfeit their houses, jobs and firstborn children and plead for forgiveness from the fans of annointed 'real clubs'.

And be thankful we got off lightly.

The Martin Samuel article is spot on. Where FFP has been closely obeyed the leagues have been monopolised by one or two teams. Our league is the most competitive because we have been able to spend and so did Chelsea. It is a farce to bring in FFP now and allow already established clubs to stay the superpowers just because they spent their money before the rules came in. Nottingham Forest have won more European Cups than City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs combined so are they allowed to spend what they want and return to the top of the pile?

I am more concerned that City have wanted to join the table and discuss a European super league. Fuck those clubs and their belief that they have a divine right to remain successful. We would all get bored very quickly if there was no competition. When we won the league in 2012 it was an amazing story that football is better for. Similarly and even more so (for a non-City fan) was Leicester winning the league.

FFP can fuck off. Our owners can have gentlemen agreements to secure additional funding and call it good business negotiations. If UEFA and the Premier league want to fight us over it I am sure we will bend them over a barrel with our legal advisors and destroy any case they claim to have. As will PSG.

I am having trouble getting on to the DM site they are running a great thread on secret operation longbow I would give you the facts but it is a secret, the gist is City announced they were going to use the same format as utd on player image rights, unfortunately for utd fans it was in English with no pictures .
70 million documents the next 10 years is going to be hilarious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.