Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

One thing that has struck me in all this is how everything that Der Spiegel has published is being taken as gospel. At no point has anyone in the media questioned the validity of the claims (which let's not forget were illegally obtained) or asked who has leaked them, or why. You know, actual journalism rather than just rehashing another publication's stories.

We've seemingly been tried and convicted in their eyes, before we've even had the chance to formulate our official response. So much for innocent until proven guilty, eh.
The other one is that emails within business allow communication not necessarily actions.
It would be a very bad business that did not explore every single option before it made its policy decision on any subject.

I suggested that the other day (that Der Spiegel was acting as a mouthpiece for Bayern) and was shouted down by some, one of whom called my suggestion "tripe". This has Rummenigge's fingerprints all over it and I'd be prepared to bet serious money Bayern were behind these 'leaks'.

I posted previously - Bayern are part owned by Adidas and Allianz... PART OWNED... Bayern have a £900mil kit deal with Adidas and over £150mil sponsorship with Allianz... now, is it just me, but is that not sponsoring yourself? Is that not worse that what they are accusing us of?

Add to that Rummenigge, Beckenbauer and Hoeness have all been done (or accused of) finacial wrong-doings... Hoeness was put away for it ffs!

But if in your example the 'somewhere else' that pays the £12m is a related party doesn't that represent a breach of FFPR?

As I understand it, no. The sponsorship money came from Aabar, irrespective of whatever was the ultimate origin of £12m of it. The contractual obligation to pay was Aabar's. Aabar was the sponsor, not anyone else. Again, the FFPR could have adopted a 'look-through' or 'ultimate beneficial owner' test, to the question of related party transactions which would have caught the situation you mention: but they didn't. They adopted IAS24 without qualification. Der Spiegel are basically criticising City for being in breach of the rules they think UEFA should with the benefit of hindsight have imposed, even though City (if the emails are genuine) didn't actually breach the rules that UEFA did put in place.

Without ffp the g14 could very well be scraping for europa league places. The real reason ffp was introduced was because what if Lazio, Fiorentina, Bilboa, 1860 Munich, Everton, leeds, aston villa, Shef weds, Newcastle, real betis, frankfurt, hertha berlin etc got billionaire owners. the cartel were and are still shitting it. Thats why they want a closed door breakaway league because then it doesn't matter if Jeff Bezos buys Fenerbache.

It’s a shame that only a minority can see this. We’re the bad guys and they’re the good guys, when in fact it’s the total opposite.

One thing that’s lost in all this, regardless of FFP, it’s legalities, competitiveness etc is the term ‘Arab money’ keeps popping up.

All the posts about the leaks and FFP keep mentioning ‘oil money’ and how City’s/PSG’s owners and their respective governments are corrupt/involved in human rights abuses, but we’ve heard precious little about Chelsea or Abramovich. Chelsea were of a similar size to us pre-takeovers, with us having 1 more First Division title, 1 more FA Cup, the same amount of League Cups, but them winning a trophy more recently. Their stadium capacity is just under our average attendance for our 2007 campaign.

This isn’t an attack on Chelsea or their fans, but where was the cries for FFP back then? Or does it coincide with United’s poor form in the past few years? Or Bayern losing the best manager and missing out on KDB? Smacks of racism if you ask me.

I don’t think racism has anything to do with this.

I'd imagine the leaks tomorrow will be about the staff transferred to City Football Marketing and City Football Services.

So in a 4 part series, only one has anything we haven't known for years, and really that seems more about breaching the spirit of FFP rather than actually breaching FFP.

It won't stop the masses whipping themselves into a frenzy of righteous indignation but they don't understand that a lot that is getting themselves hot and bothered is standard business practice and totally within the rules.

Much ado about nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.