"A Tenner says..." derby special

I thought the question was which team is better, not which team won more. If both sides played against each other tomorrow, who do you think would win?
Allowing for differences in fitness / speed of players from then til now I’d have them edging it. I think they proved themselves to be mentally very strong, one area where certainly last season we were found wanting in the most difficult situations

Until this team either defends the title or win the CL then yes their 99 side will be considered better than the present City side and rightly so.

The objective isn’t to get x amount of points and goals scored, it’s to win the competition. You don’t get an extra trophy for artistic impression.

In terms of achievements of course, however this actual City team is miles better in ability.

Of course the object is to win the competition but to not agree that this current team did it in magnificent fashion against a far superior set of title contenders than the filthy rags did is a little short sighted. No extra trophy for last years title win but i guarantee it will be referenced for years to come.
We did it in magnificent fashion agreed. Far superior set of contenders ? You must be joking - best of the rest were the rags and they were bang average. Arsenal circa ‘99 were a far better team than any current side bar City.

Allowing for differences in fitness / speed of players from then til now I’d have them edging it. I think they proved themselves to be mentally very strong, one area where certainly last season we were found wanting in the most difficult situations

Whaaaaaat?
I expect garbage like that from Scousers or Rags to be honest.
This CITY team would wipe the floor with the rags you refer to so gushingly....

In terms of achievements of course, however this actual City team is miles better in ability.
Depends how you gauge ability. In terms of the generic term “skilful” then I’d agree but there’s more to being a great team than skilful players.

I don’t wanna come across as unappreciative of the wonderful side we have now and one thing in our favour is that this side is hitting greater heights at this stage in its evolution than theirs did at the same stage. Give us another couple of years of growing and maturing together and we could well surpass them.

Whaaaaaat?
I expect garbage like that from Scousers or Rags to be honest.
This CITY team would wipe the floor with the rags you refer to so gushingly....
We bottled it twice at anfield last year. Really great teams don’t do that on the big occasion. It’s an area we need to improve on and maybe this season’s nil nil suggests we are improving

We bottled it twice at anfield last year. Really great teams don’t do that on the big occasion. It’s an area we need to improve on and maybe this season’s nil nil suggests we are improving

Disagree that we bottled it. Other factors contributed to the results, as every City fan knows.

Hopefully, we can win EVERYTHING this season and then you can revisit/reconsider your stance ..

:)

Personally,, I am confident this City team will be widely regarded as the BEST TEAM EVER by the time Pep is done...

Assuming you’re not the ‘hitman’ stop talking bollocks!!!

Depends how you gauge ability. In terms of the generic term “skilful” then I’d agree but there’s more to being a great team than skilful players.

I don’t wanna come across as unappreciative of the wonderful side we have now and one thing in our favour is that this side is hitting greater heights at this stage in its evolution than theirs did at the same stage. Give us another couple of years of growing and maturing together and we could well surpass them.
a tenner says you're a fucking rag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.