Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be really interesting to see how his career develops. He done the opposite of Sancho - stayed put, placed his trust in his talent and hard work, and taken his few chances well.
Tbf to the lad, other than staying put, thats exactly what Sancho has done. He has excelled at Dortmund from day one

Not gonna lie, I like how Zinchenko plays and the positional versatility that he provides. He seems very comfortable on the ball and his conditioning and physicality has improved from last season.

Not gonna lie, I like how Zinchenko plays and the positional versatility that he provides. He seems very comfortable on the ball and his conditioning and physicality has improved from last season.
Its no surprise he is very comfortable on the ball..he is a regular central midfield ball player for his country ...Great player.very glad he decided to stay and fight for his place.a quailty and assured option to have in the squad.

I would love to see him played in the number 6/Pivot role.He has the ability and attributes to be a fantastic playmaker.

I hope Pep paid for a few of his family members to fly over and watch him play!

One interesting thing about him, is not just that he plays well, it's also that his playing style is very pleasing to the eye, as afoot all fan. The way he passes, receives the ball, even tackling, reminds you of the equivalent of an elegant left hander cricket batsman.

I’m liking this bloke more and more , every time he plays.
He is definitely improving his overall game ( the Pep effect) and I for one hope he stays around as a very good squad player.
Only a youngster as well , can only get better.

One thing to watch in a match is for when Zinchenko takes a throw in to David Silva and then collects the return and passes to a free player. If you watch the same process at any English game this week, you're almost guaranteed to see that it goes awry somewhere in the process. It should be, you'd think, one of the simplest things to master, but it is technically so difficult to do. The ball has to be thrown at the correct speed, place, and height to a player who inevitably is running and has someone breathing down his neck. He, in turn, has to get the ball back with one touch to someone who is just entering the field of play from a standing start, and he, in turn, has either to kill the ball instantly or find someone else with a first-time pass. As I say, should be simple, but is anything but. For those two, however,...

I think he is excellent. It's mad that we are now judging him as a left back really. Could not for one minute imagine any of our other attacking midfielders playing left back. His crossfield passing to create isolation is brilliant. He is just so sound technically and seems to be getting better tactically. He will always be hindered physically I think, particularly if he has to defend space but it wouldn't shock me if he could do an equally impressive job as #6, #8 or even a #10. I just think he 'gets it'. I would be gutted if we moved him on tbh.

Didn't have the easiest route in to football as a pro. Think that has made him a more determined character as a result. Noticed him still legging it about On the 90 min mark the other day, was impressed he still had the energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.