Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Who do we think employs the best lawyers and accountants?
The Sun?
The Mail?
Talksport?
The Guardian?
Amnesty International, an organisation now about as credible and relevant as Comic Relief?
That prick Dillon on Talkshyte this morning with a salary less than a week's wages of a Cardiff squad player?
Or City, Sheik Mansour and a circa $900bn sovereign wealth fund?

Bring it on.

The club aren't going to do anything to any of those newspapers or journalists.

The club isn't going to have any response to this at all, or they'd have done something. They were contacted by Der Spiegel about everything they were writing weeks ago, if they planned on any kind of visible response they would have had it ready beforehand, and they wouldn't have let an entire week be dominated by wall to wall attacks on the club and its fans.

FIFA, UEFA, The FA aren't going to do anything. To people as accustomed to being attacked in the media as Abu Dhabi, the rest is just noise.

The club isn't going to have any response to this at all, or they'd have done something. They were contacted by Der Spiegel about everything they were writing weeks ago, if they planned on any kind of visible response they would have had it ready beforehand, and they wouldn't have let an entire week be dominated by wall to wall attacks on the club and its fans.

FIFA, UEFA, The FA aren't going to do anything. To people as accustomed to being attacked in the media as Abu Dhabi, the rest is just noise.

I'm not sure what they can really do, that would make a material difference. I totally get the wish from some to lash out and punish those who have gone to town, but I'm not sure that helps anything at all except sating an emotional response. The only response - that it's part of an organised campaign - is probably one that does resonate with a fair few people, because it does look like it, and it's clear who benefits from that. But as to what more they can really do, I just don't see anything actually helping.

The only problem with that is that it leaves Pep having to deal with all the garbage during his Press meetings.
What do you think his replies should be, should he have PR protection, should he have prepared glib accusations against certain media or their questions or perhaps something else?

The more I think about it, the less I'm convinced that there's something shady going on as far as why these articles were released.

I don't believe Bayern orchestrated this at all. They've had more issues with Der Spiegel than anyone over the years.

I honestly think this is entirely down to to German football fan pretension. I don't know if you've ever had the privilege of speaking with a Bundesliga fan about their league, but it's not too dissimilar to talking to a Liverpool fan. They're especially keen to talk about how amazing it is for the fans.

In Germany, they only pay pennies for tickets to games. They have safe standing. They have better booze. They average 70,000 a game everywhere. They have tifos. They have the 50+1 rule. They even have Jadon Sancho.

Basically, as far as they're concerned, football literally belongs to the fans. There's no set of people more arrogant about doing things the right way. The levels of grief Hoffenheim got a few years ago due to their heightened investment was immense. The way RB Leipzig are villainized beyond reproach is ubiquitous. I'm aware that a blind eye is turned to Bayern and they're somewhat worshipped by many, in fact I think that served as the authors's motivation.

There's a real, 'How dare they?!' about the whole thing. How dare they buy De Bruyne from Germany? How dare they buy Sané and Gundogan ahead of Bayern? How dare they beat the rules that were set in place to hold them back?

There's so much angst in the article, so much anger. By the end it felt like I was reading something off RAWK. I honestly think if there was some higher power behind it all they would have wanted Der Spiegel to do a better job.

RedCafe is hilarious right now, barely any mentions of Mendes funneling players and making huge profit, who also has a huge say in Wolverhampton, about 2-3 page worth of mention what PSG are doing, very little talk about the doping allegations with a recent CL winner, about 6-7 pages worth of talk about Ronaldo rape allegation, no mention of Bayern and Inter deal between Shaqiri which had some irregularities involved, but almost 25 pages worth City allegation LOL

They all have bachelor degrees in financial doping and human rights abuse. I mean there own club has/had a sponsorship with the Suadi and Dubai. Last season they went out to train there I mean they also have questionable human rights abuse going on there, as well as not too long ago Nike sponsored them till Adi, but its all good right?

Totally unimportant, huge losses in the past for an emerging company are usual, new companies regularly change the name when the previous name gets tarnished with failure,the person who city used for Image Rights is the best in the business and helped all of city`s competitors in their Image Rights, city announced this in the press at the time.

I dont doubt that City hired the top people. Or that losses are not unusual what I dont get is the extent of the loss the name change tho and the fact it seems or its being reported as this company only working for city or possibly the group which makes it look like a shell or sham. It had no need to change name we got bought after all in part thanks to the City prefix and City name carries more weight and people didnt care about its losses and this reason looks more stupid now its changed name and is loosing money

If they really want to make a success of these other companies they need to work across football sport and entertainment more generally

WTF Amnesty?

No named author or comments section, always promising.

Who do we think employs the best lawyers and accountants?
The Sun?
The Mail?
Talksport?
The Guardian?
Amnesty International, an organisation now about as credible and relevant as Comic Relief?
That prick Dillon on Talkshyte this morning with a salary less than a week's wages of a Cardiff squad player?
Or City, Sheik Mansour and a circa $900bn sovereign wealth fund?

Bring it on.

As has been said, the best action is to do nothing. People are fickle, and this'll blow over eventually. Think of all the big American companies that have at some stage received a tremendous amount of flak for something or other. Nike, Apple, Nestlé, Facebook etc over the years. All they do is release a single statement denying/downplaying the issue, and then they move on. By dragging it out over a lawsuit they give it more time to linger in the public eye. The longer people talk about it the longer people remember it. This isn't the first hit piece on City, it's just the biggest (so far?). Like all the others it'll blow over. As it always does. Nobody's even talking about Ronaldo anymore and there was some seriously damning evidence in that case.

And if you ever want any more proof that these things blow over, just remember that Bayer AG(of Bayer Leverkusen fame) knowingly sold AIDS contaminated blood capsules to poorer countries in the 80s. And nowadays nobody even knows it happened. So next time a Leverkusen fan gives you grief about supporting a club owned by dodgy owners just give them a heads up as to the fact they're living in a glass house. (Many German clubs have suspect corporations involved).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.