Red Cafe in meltdown

They talk about history, history is repeating itself in the brave new post fergie era. They are like the scousers who are in a 30 year hang over thinking the glory days are coming back. If they are not careful and dont snap out of the 20 times, greatest, bestest team in the world they could meet the same fate. They were in that cycle before fergie and they had more money than anyone else and its a very real possibility they could go a decade or so without winning a league.

I thinks its quite probable they will go a decade without winning the league. What is it 6/7 years since they last did, so only another 3/4 years. There is little to suggest they are going to be able to finish above us, Chelsea or Liverpool all in the same season, then throw in Spurs and Arsenal who both have the resources to challenge them.

Things can change quite quickly in football so there can be no guarantees but its quite possible we may be spared from any raggy title celebrations for a good few years yet.

The prospect of them not even qualifying for Europe this season is a distinct possibility and that would be funny, even funnier would be the prospect of Uefa bringing back the inter toto cup to save the continent from the prospect of not have them pollute the place for a year.

My favorite of the spending posts are the ones absolutely despairing over how we just paper over bad transfers by spending even more money, and "why no one even mentions Nolito and Bravo anymore" as if that is some sort of trump card. Because I had to look this up myself just now I'll remind you all that Nolito cost just £13.8m and Bravo £18m, each of them less than something called a Diogo Dalot (£19m), or Alexis Sanchez's annual wages (about £25m), or combined less than one Fred (£52m).

Never mind Mephis Meatpie - their Nolito only the splashed £25m on him..............

As ever, it's always worth noting that our spending is now only being criticised to high heaven now that we're winning.

In the seasons when we weren't threatening to win anything, people only brought up the money spent as a means of mockery, as opposed to a means of outrage.

People like to praise Tottenham for their relative frugality, but I assure you if they were winning things the way we are and are threatening to do so in the future people would find a reason to truly hate them.

They're all frothing at the mouth over Dinho not getting booked for giving away three fouls, the same as the unbooked "JLingz".

I think the most pertinent point about this is they keep saying we are going to run away with the title as we have spent more than anyone else, by their own logic surely they are going to run away with 2nd place?
Money helps and nobody can deny that but it has to be spent wisely, identify where you need to strengthen and act upon it. and you then need to coach the players and demand the work rate from them.
I always ask United fans why did they need Sanchez? they already had Martial and Rashford who play left wing, if they bought a left back to support Shaw then they could also free Young up as cover for the left side.
They were crying out for a right winger to give balance and they still are, Why pay £75 million on Pogba? why spend £90 million on Pogba?
They keep going on that we came from a better starting position and so it's not fair to compare spending, well at the start of the takeover we were a million miles behind them. The difference was we had a long term plan.

When Pep and Maureen arrived, City and United had finished level on points. The narrative they push of poor old Jose having to start from miles behind Pep is not backed up by the points both squads accrued the season before

Owned and backtracking as usual.

Grown adult and used the term owned? I didn't backtrack, he said most of the press when he should have said one article instead. I then agreed his point of anyone saying Joses got his mojo back as embarrassing. I even admitted I hadn't seen the article and why I replied with what I did. Grow up G

1-No of times they mentioned Abu Dhabi Lol
2-They always mention Nolito and Bravo when 1 of them is here and other became homesick and left and we didn't even take a big hit for his sale.
3-We inherited a better squad-This arguement was eclipsed by Pep being fraud when they won two titles and we finished empty handed.But the time we started winning they brought this arguement up when he inherited backline without legs.
4- Money - as if teams above them have spent as much as us and it take enormous wealth to beat teams like West Ham Derby Brighton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.