January 2019 window

Status
Not open for further replies.
... all the more reason to sign someone in Jan so he has time to adapt and slot in perfectly come August?

... all the more reason to sign someone in Jan so he has time to adapt and slot in perfectly come August?
Only if it's the player we want, better to wait until the summer for our first choice, than get a second choice just because we can get him earlier. I think we'd only get Ndombele in January only if we were sure we weren't getting De Jong in the summer. I'm not even convinced we would get Ndombele in January if Lyon are still in the C/L.

Someone to help Fern & learn from him/us this season with the view of taking more of the workload on next season.

If we manage it Mangala sold.

apart from that unless someone is unhappy (Diaz?) can't see much more happening.

How likely is it that the FA proposal to have max 12 foreign players in a squad, following Brexit, will be implemented?

Even if approved you would think it may take min. 2-3 years to bring in, so clubs could fulfill existing contractual commitments.

It should start effecting player recruitment if it's on the cards.

How likely is it that the FA proposal to have max 12 foreign players in a squad, following Brexit, will be implemented?

Even if approved you would think it may take min. 2-3 years to bring in, so clubs could fulfill existing contractual commitments.

It should start effecting player recruitment if it's on the cards.
There is very little chance as it would crucify every club in the top two divisions and give foreign clubs a massive advantage which would effect the money floating round in one of Britain biggest businesses

The two main reasons for buying in January, to spruce up the attack, or to bed in a defensive player,
There is also two main reasons apart from huge fees, for selling one is to fund a charge for promotion or titles and the other is to fund an escape from relegation
Lyon will sell if they can get a replacement with good potential and Ajax will sell if the player asks, personally i would buy both one in January one in the summer as they are two very different players, and after watching Ajax over the weekend DeJong should be begging to leave, an awful pitch led to an awful standard of football

I would not go in for anyone. We have Gundo and Delph, not sure there is much better around as DM cover so what is the point of splashing out. Same with a striker - I'd still like to see Jesus given more game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.