Is Manchester Blue or Red - usual derby day MEN Poll

be interesting to see the actual % by area. we could have 95% of the support in Stockport and 49% of the support in Sale, so the colours not really a true reflection.

do any of the seat counters want to take on the challenge

I'd go with that. Anything west of town centre, Salford, Cheetham Hill, Partington, Irlam etc rag.. places like Moston and Collyhurst also, but I've always thought we had top support elsewhere, especially places like Hyde, Ashton,Oldham, Denton, Whythenshawe( Yes that Rag stronghold ;-) ) Clayton, Beswick etc. I'm just surprised Altrincham area showed up blue and also flabbergasted that the MUEN made allowed us to come out favourably in the poll. Wonders will never cease.

Coming from that area myself I agree that areas like Hyde, Denton, Oldham, Ashton, Stalybridge, Romiley, Woodley and further into Stockport have always felt predominantly blue areas, particularly in relation to match going fans. Heading to or home from the match you often see coaches returning from home matches outside pubs etc.

Also when the clubs did the travel strategy for their planning application for the South Stand Level 3 extension it highlighted that, in particular, tameside and Stockport had significant concentrations of season ticket holders in comparison to other areas. Tameside had the highest number of season tickets per head of population of anywhere.

Interesting that Altrincham was included so does that mean Anthony Taylor is a Alty/Blue after all :-)

Coming from that area myself I agree that areas like Hyde, Denton, Oldham, Ashton, Stalybridge, Romiley, Woodley and further into Stockport have always felt predominantly blue areas, particularly in relation to match going fans. Heading to or home from the match you often see coaches returning from home matches outside pubs etc.

Also when the clubs did the travel strategy for their planning application for the South Stand Level 3 extension it highlighted that, in particular, tameside and Stockport had significant concentrations of season ticket holders in comparison to other areas. Tameside had the highest number of season tickets per head of population of anywhere.

Interesting that Altrincham was included so does that mean Anthony Taylor is a Alty/Blue after all :-)
Yes, that rings true. I used to take my daughter to Hyde pool with the slides and I was staggered just how many City tops. I remember going in a shop on high street and it had a few City bits near the till, I asked him why there wasn't any rag bits, he said 'no call for em round here mate!'.

The reason for this split is the old bus routes to Hyde Road, Maine Road and Old Trafford.

I think Gary James discussed this in one of his books?

Not sure why, it used to take ages waiting for the 210 from hyde bus station and then 53 from Belle Vue to Birch villa :-).

Mad to think back in those days getting into the ground 1 hour before the match was the norm in those days for many and queueing up 8 hours plus to buy tickets. Now a 30 second delay on the internet is met by fury.

I did it about 20 times and used about 8 different postcodes so it's absolute garbage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.