Focus Group - Etihad Stadium

Another thought regarding the NS expansion.

I reckon the club were totally shocked with the number of relocations into SS3 from more expensive parts of the ground. I moved from ES3 and the people around me were from there and elsewhere. No-one that I have spoken to is a first time seasoncard holder. They way the club did it was to give anyone who was having to move from L2 because their seats had gone corporate two days to have first pick of seats. What followed was the infamous online relocation window for any current seasoncard holder to relocate into it. At the stroke of 9am the site crashed and only worked intermittently for the rest of the day. Having spent nearly all day sat at my laptop whilst also trying to get through on the phone to the ticket office I managed to get a £380 seat in 316 having changed three times online.

If the club follow the same procedure (minus the window for corporate asylum seekers) then thousands will move from more expensive parts of the ground again. This means that the club will be trying to entice thousands of new recruits who are willing to pay £700 plus for a SC. If they don't allow existing SC holders first crack at it then the club will have thousands of angry / disenchanted fans on their hands.
It’s an interesting point how do you balance making it cheap and filling the stadium with new fans whilst not alienating current fans or having loads of current fans locating? I’m sure we’ll get 60,000 plus with a bigger stadium but it’s a tricky pricing balancing act.

We all want the improvement but they can still give family concessions around the ground rather than evicting people from their seats again.
It doesn't bother me where I am sat. There are bound to be some changes, hopefully it suits you

What would you feel was a good deal for you if you were to move?

I agree that kid/family/OAP concessions would still have to be available to movers and new season ticket holders as well.

If they moved you to the same level of a different stand but with the same concession price would you think that was a fair deal?
As I'm on CBL3 I assume it wouldn't affect me as you seem to think it should be levels 2 and 3. I already have a concession on my ticket but similar seats in the east stand always seem taken. Certainly you couldn't move more than a small portion off any level into a similar seat and people with mobility problems would also be moved so the new occupants can conveniently skip out for the tram fifteen minutes before the game ends.

At the Shaktar game we had a corner at the north stand end with five minutes to go. Hundreds were streaming out and not one of them could be bothered turning round to see the outcome. I can also see the area I used to sit in with scores of empty seats that used to be taken up. It seems you and others want people like me moved once again for someone who's main thought is getting out early beating the rest of the crowd to the car park.

It’s an interesting point how do you balance making it cheap and filling the stadium with new fans whilst not alienating current fans or having loads of current fans locating? I’m sure we’ll get 60,000 plus with a bigger stadium but it’s a tricky pricing balancing act.

They gave current season ticket holders first dibs on the cheap SS 3rd tier seats iirc.

But like you imply that means there aren’t many left to attract new season card holders.

For me the real influx needs to be with safe standing and for young adults. Cheap safe standing season cards for 18-25 year olds.

It’s an age group that isn’t going to games in the numbers it used to, mainly due to cost. The Kippax used to be packed with people that age.

It doesn't bother me where I am sat. There are bound to be some changes, hopefully it suits you
The silly thing is that there will be others along with myself relocated back into the north stand again for the convenience of people who never stay to the end of the game. You are right that having a seat is the main thing but not everyone will find it doesn't pose a problem.

They gave current season ticket holders first dibs on the cheap SS 3rd tier seats iirc.

But like you imply that means there aren’t many left to attract new season card holders.

For me the real influx needs to be with safe standing and for young adults. Cheap safe standing season cards for 18-25 year olds.

It’s an age group that isn’t going to games in the numbers it used to, mainly due to cost. The Kippax used to be packed with people that age.
Presumably City know who is going to the games as they have details on computer systems including dates of birth.

I think the season ticket base we have is long standing supporters. My feeling was that there were a lot of young fans going to the Cup games.

It might be difficult to get young people to shell out for seasoncards in the new ground, and I expect City will fill the new ground by issuing a lot of new seasoncards. 18-25 year olds have a lot of debt, or just starting jobs etc. Club may like to get them to City but I think they will prioritise filling the ground. Having an unreserved seating area is OK for big games but what happens for an unpopular midweek game. Most important that the ground is full.

The silly thing is that there will be others along with myself relocated back into the north stand again for the convenience of people who never stay to the end of the game. You are right that having a seat is the main thing but not everyone will find it doesn't pose a problem.
Fair comment. At the moment I am excited. I can see that it might be disruptive. Will have to get more details

Listen pal, I've been going home and away since the early sixties and I resent some spotty kid telling me just what I should be doing. The family area has cost City support, I know people who stopped going after they were forced out of their seats. Nice to see the clueless are still trying to inconvenience supporters in every area of the ground apart from the section they sit in.
I too was forced out of my seat by the creation of the Family Stand and was well pissed off at the time. However I have since mellowed because at the time with the help of Danny Wilson I got relocated to a belting seat in the South Stand level 2 Block 211.

I do agree they could have been less dogmatic with the way they set up the Family Stand and personally I do not think it has been a roaring success.

Think younger fans have got in the habit of watching the game in the pub with there mates that’s what growing up with sky does to the younger generation.
Some of my sons friends have never been to a live game and can't understand why he always wants to travel 200 miles to see us live when it's on telly. The trick is to get them to go to a couple of games and then hopefully like my son they get the bug and understand the difference between live games at the ground and sat watching on tv.
Once bitten my son would put live before a tv game. Well except for the FA cup , he has little enthusiasm for either domestic cup early round, suppose if he got a final ticket he'd change his mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.