Football Tourism

davewatsonstackle

in Liverpool for a few days with work, had a free morning so i walked into the city centre for a haircut and a coffee and was struck by the amount of foreign football tourists that had been to the liverpool v fulham game yesterday and doing the Beatles “experience” today, really busy for a Monday Morning.
It got me wondering, if you could only buy a ticket if you lived in a M or L postcode, who would have the highest attendance?
City
Rags
Pool
Toffees?

Well, to give you an indication how important football tourism is, I spent last week at World Travel Market in Excel, London. It's one of the biggest travel trade shows in the world, and thus attracts buyers from all over the planet. City had a stand there (with the trophies - nice!) and so did Chelsea, Wembley Stadium and the FA. There may have been others, but I only wandered over there to visit the City stand to see the pots! That didn't happen even five years ago - but now Premier League football is a tourist draw in its own right.

I have nothing against football tourisim as long as it is not to the detrement of the local fan saying that i would ban halfe and halfe scarves
I been to Barcelona .Ajax .Feynoord and Antwerp as a "tourist" great time at them all

They were out in force yesterday. The best was a lad in a rag shirt doing his best 'gangsta' pose outside the main entrance whilst his mate, wearing a Spurs baseball cap, took photos of him on each of the six or seven mobile phones he had.

They were out in force yesterday. The best was a lad in a rag shirt doing his best 'gangsta' pose outside the main entrance whilst his mate, wearing a Spurs baseball cap, took photos of him on each of the six or seven mobile phones he had.

Awwwww Bless the poor deluded fookers…….. no doubt they were in the City shop buying City shirts post-game ;-(

Well, to give you an indication how important football tourism is, I spent last week at World Travel Market in Excel, London. It's one of the biggest travel trade shows in the world, and thus attracts buyers from all over the planet. City had a stand there (with the trophies - nice!) and so did Chelsea, Wembley Stadium and the FA. There may have been others, but I only wandered over there to visit the City stand to see the pots! That didn't happen even five years ago - but now Premier League football is a tourist draw in its own right.

I've been to this before! :)

I want to go over to hear your cute accents

I know Charles and Harry, so when you pop over I will arrange for you to meet them for "tea"
Many years ago, I was coaching in Texas, the red neck I was staying with asked me how long it would take to drive to England in his truck.
I told him it would depend on the tides. -:)

I know Charles and Harry, so when you pop over I will arrange for you to meet them for "tea"
Many years ago, I was coaching in Texas, the red neck I was staying with asked me how long it would take to drive to England in his truck.
I told him it would depend on the tides. -:)
I had one ask me, “which side of the road do ya’ll drive on up in Canada”?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.