Scudamore to leave/Susanna Dinnage quits already.

If you mean dodgy dealings I don't know why you would think that. It has even been disclosed in the press before being paid. It is what happens in large businesses all the time. It could easily be argued that had he been in a large company he would have had share options that could have earned him ten times that amount.
I say again he has been paid by HIS employer,asking us to pay money is corrupt,there is murky stuff in every business where there is a lot of money so why do you think there isn't in this country?

Yeah, I don’t agree with the bonus for the reasons you’ve outlined, but I think there’s a degree of intellectual dihonesty from some blues that were victims all the time, when we’re clearly not.

Within the context of the domestic game, we’re truly blessed and have little to complain about imo.

Sorry but where did I claim we are the victims ?

I am really talking about supporters in general , not just City supporters .

I am offended that the club took the decision to pay the £250,00 to Scudamor, because I think we should have shown more integrity , and disappointed too.

Scudamore has already been recompensed for the job he was contracted to do - plain and simple.

I’ve been on the sick for 4 months through no fault of my own and I get so £88 a week !
If you gave me his annual salary I could retire after 1 year, let alone get a £5mil bonus.
It’s obscene, rich people slapping each other on the back, it makes me sick, I bet grass roots are dead impressed.
He’s done a good job and been paid a f***** good wage to do it.
If I say I’m leaving my job do you think I’ll get 2 years salary for going, thought not.
Taking the p1ss out of the fans !!
Sorry to hear of your health probs,i hope you improve.Yes it is taking the piss out of the fans,if he had asked for a donation to grass roots then that would be fine but he is saying stick some money in my pocket,my already bulging pocket

I say again he has been paid by HIS employer,asking us to pay money is corrupt,there is murky stuff in every business where there is a lot of money so why do you think there isn't in this country?

Karen, I haven't had a bill yet. If I get one I won't pay! I get the feeling there is probably more murky stuff in football boardrooms than in any dozen normal large companies added together. You have probably read about the Dzeko tax issue in the Football Leaks as well as all the other stuff. Just not sure why his employers deciding he should be given a thank you gift of £5M is some sort of corrupt or murky dealing. If it was we wouldn't know about it. Quite the opposite it has been well publicised. Perhaps unnecessarily so.

I would also make the point that this is a business with very substantial incomes. It is unusual in most businesses for the workers (in this case the footballers) to earn a lot more than the top management so it is not surprising that if such payments are made they are going to be at a high level.

Karen, I haven't had a bill yet. If I get one I won't pay! I get the feeling there is probably more murky stuff in football boardrooms than in any dozen normal large companies added together. You have probably read about the Dzeko tax issue in the Football Leaks as well as all the other stuff. Just not sure why his employers deciding he should be given a thank you gift of £5M is some sort of corrupt or murky dealing. If it was we wouldn't know about it. Quite the opposite it has been well publicised. Perhaps unnecessarily so.

I would also make the point that this is a business with very substantial incomes. It is unusual in most businesses for the workers (in this case the footballers) to earn a lot more than the top management so it is not surprising that if such payments are made they are going to be at a high level.
His employers should not be asking clubs to pay him anything,it's not for the clubs to line his back pocket,he got paid a wage,a bonus and a great pension but then he wants 5m more,if i was a conspiracy theorist i would say it's a keep your mouth closed to all the dodgy dealing bonus.we are not his employers or co-workers or employees,did the dealings at FIFA teach us nothing about corruption in football

Agree to disagree

His employers should not be asking clubs to pay him anything,it's not for the clubs to line his back pocket,he got paid a wage,a bonus and a great pension but then he wants 5m more,if i was a conspiracy theorist i would say it's a keep your mouth closed to all the dodgy dealing bonus.we are not his employers or co-workers or employees,did the dealings at FIFA teach us nothing about corruption in football

Agree to disagree

But we are his employers. The Premier League is owned by the member clubs.

Sorry but where did I claim we are the victims ?

I am really talking about supporters in general , not just City supporters .

I am offended that the club took the decision to pay the £250,00 to Scudamor, because I think we should have shown more integrity , and disappointed too.

Scudamore has already been recompensed for the job he was contracted to do - plain and simple.
I wasn't referring to you.

Gordon, I read your previous post and clearly you see no problem with the bung stating it is basically a thank you for what each club has received so, a question to you, what amount would you have baulked at ? half a million from each club, which lets face it is small potatoes for what has he done for them ? a million ? why not ?
I haven't defended the payment and have subsequently clarified my position to criticise it, if you'd cared to check.

No way he should be getting this golden handshake whoever pays it, he's been well paid to do the job (2.5 mil a year), plus he gets a 1.5 mil bonus every year if he meets the required targets set, (which he has achieved every year of his employment).

This is not unlike contracts for other CEO and sales directors in major business, salary + bonus.

It's also laughable they've asked the current 20 teams to pay it, why aren't the teams relegated last season, or the season before that, or even the one before that asked to pay, they took the premier league cash and also get the relegation payments.

Take Villa, been in the premier league until two seasons ago, and been getting parachute payments since, they should be contributing as they've had the benefit of Scudamore representing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.