Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed they are fine margins and he is a high risk player.

What perturbs me is that a similar challenge outside the area could result in a red card and subsequent ban. Atm we only have Muric on the bench. If he/we are unlucky in the future, such fine margins could be very costly.

The Mane Liverpool collision could have been very different.

IMO it would have been rereassuring if he had learnt from his first incident to temper his impulsive challenges a little.

His coolness and fabulous distribution are exceptional, he needs to temper his impulsiveness IMO.

Agreed they are fine margins and he is a high risk player.

What perturbs me is that a similar challenge outside the area could result in a red card and subsequent ban. Atm we only have Muric on the bench. If he/we are unlucky in the future, such fine margins could be very costly.

The Mane Liverpool collision could have been very different.

IMO it would have been rereassuring if he had learnt from his first incident to temper his impulsive challenges a little.

His coolness and fabulous distribution are exceptional, he needs to temper his impulsiveness IMO.

Hard to agree with that. Part of what makes Ederson so great is his impulsivity. Yeah he'll get it wrong occasionally but long term its an asset for this team and how we play.

It seems to me that Ederson changes his mind in the moment of the slide, maybe about the ball moving away from him in the last sec.

Both the last two pens, he could have reached out for the ball and taken it fairly.

Both times he's reached and retracted.

Too late, Ed; commit or don't.

A halfway decision will bring a pen anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.