Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

You suggested that the cablenet could be removed when the north stand is developed to remove the restrictions caused by the cable net being in place! With the east and west stands being supported by the current structure, spiral masts, without the cable net even though the cable ring is primary structure. I asked how the south stand roof is supported without the cable net you explained the tubular structures bolted to the steel verticals, fair enough but the cablenet system, if not the prestensioned ring, is still in use the ring passes through the structure.
So ultimate it’s highly unlikely that the cable ring, cablenet, can be removed unless new roof structures are installed for the east and west stands

Jesus Christ mate.

I speculated it on the basis that the current cable ring restrictions wouldn’t allow us to reach the rumoured 63k through an extended North Stand 2nd tier. I too believe that wouldn’t be likely but I made the point based on that capacity goal and people at the meeting being told the cable net wouldn’t be an issue with development.

I then corrected you on the new South Stand roof on if it uses the old ring support or not. It doesn’t.

I used to go for a pint every week with the man who was the only person to understand how that roof worked and did all the calculations a real character and an absolute genius. Will be long dead now I would imagine or I would ask him.

Jesus Christ mate.

I speculated it on the basis that the current cable ring restrictions wouldn’t allow us to reach the rumoured 63k through an extended North Stand 2nd tier. I too believe that wouldn’t be likely but I made the point based on that capacity goal and people at the meeting being told the cable net wouldn’t be an issue with development.

I then corrected you on the new South Stand roof on if it uses the old ring support or not. It doesn’t.

Don't think that the cable net will change rather that the fact there wont be a cooperate area as there is between the second and third tier in the south stand will mean that a new complete tier that would include the current second tier would easily hold a further 8k as this would have further rows that couldn't be added to the south stand due to the layout.

Don't think that the cable net will change rather that the fact there wont be a cooperate area as there is between the second and third tier in the south stand will mean that a new complete tier that would include the current second tier would easily hold a further 8k as this would have further rows that couldn't be added to the south stand due to the layout.
That makes sense.

I’m not so sure looking at this.

Comparison of a 3rd tier vs an expanded 2nd tier.

I do think the new section would be steeper than shown here but that would still give less rows than a 3rd tier would allow with its overhang.

D8-C8-BF1-E-4-CBF-4-FEA-90-EE-6-A9-D51-ECF5-EF.jpg

Its an interesting conundrum regarding the cable net.
Obviously in its original design it formed part of the required support system for all 4 roof elements.
It has had the stresses significantly reduced by the removal of all the weight from the South stand roof.
If we build something similar at the North Stand end (with a similar self supporting triangular pillar set up) the weight stress will be further reduced.
Would it not then depend entirely if the current existing weight supports from the spirals of East & West stands could support the stresses of the individual stands without the cable net.
If not then either the cable net has to remain in its current form or the cables supporting East & West or have to be altered so that the exiting cable elements of East & West are anchored in an alternative fashion. Alternatively I could imagine additional self supporting triangular pillar set ups being incorporated onto East & West stands (this might be preferred at this point as I think any further development of either East & West would require additional support) enabling removal of the cable net altogether.
We'll have to wait and see when the plans are drawn up and released.

I’m all up for a big tier, but the stadium is going to be a bit of an off shape. Would look incredible if the Colin bell and east stand joint up to the south.

Always bugged me that, just where the big screens are now to fill in the corners. I not sure if possible but even if we add 10 or so rows it would add a few thousand with both corners?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.