Affinity with West Ham. How did it start?

My affinity with them is mostly because the missus is a Hammer.

Well. I say affinity...

They did us a big favour a few years ago beating them lot at Upton. think everyone in Manchester was a West Ham fan that day!

images

In the 70/80's every club had a big hooligan element and the London clubs some tasty firms the ICF being a top one along with the Chelsea Headhunter's. We all hated each other back then. As others have said the relegation game was a turning point. As far as I know their fan's still respect and recognise us as a good loyal fanbase similar to their own and understand that just because we got lucky with the takeover, we are mainly still the hardcore that pulled in 28-35 thousand in the third tier. In spite of that woman Brady constantly bad mouthing us I still like West Ham fan's the same as Sunderland.

From my recollections, there were problems during the early ICF era with them. However, I was there walking up to Upton Park tube station after the game at the end of the 1987 season, I have been in a few of the local pubs around the Boleyn over the years and never had a problem and I also have family in Barking and Dagenham. So for me, they're a decent bunch overall.

In the 70/80's every club had a big hooligan element and the London clubs some tasty firms the ICF being a top one along with the Chelsea Headhunter's. We all hated each other back then. As others have said the relegation game was a turning point. As far as I know their fan's still respect and recognise us as a good loyal fanbase similar to their own and understand that just because we got lucky with the takeover, we are mainly still the hardcore that pulled in 28-35 thousand in the third tier. In spite of that woman Brady constantly bad mouthing us I still like West Ham fan's the same as Sunderland.
One of the differences between the ICF and a lot of firms in those days is that the ICF used to pride themselves on fighting the other teams firms rather than ones and twos; indeed West Ham hadcacsecond firm of younger teenage dicks who would attack innocent fans, who were disparagingly referred to by the ICF as the under 5’s

One of the differences between the ICF and a lot of firms in those days is that the ICF used to pride themselves on fighting the other teams firms rather than ones and twos; indeed West Ham hadcacsecond firm of younger teenage dicks who would attack innocent fans, who were disparagingly referred to by the ICF as the under 5’s

Yes I remember them. Most firms had them, the Leicester baby squad and we had the young governor's.

I had a lucky escape involving some Chelsea Headhunter's after they had played at the swamp in the seventies. I was waiting for a bus near a pub called the Royal Thorn in Wythenshawe which was next to a motorway exit. It was about 7pm and two mini buses pulled up in the car park and a group of lads got out in donkey jackets and docs. They walked away from the pub and passed me at the bus stop saying "Alright mate?" I knew straight away they were Chelsea fans. There was always an older bloke waiting at the same bus stop for his bus at the same time and I had got to know him over time so was chatting to him. They stopped just past the stop and were having a discussion. I heard one say, "Nah leave him he is with his dad." Then they all walked back to the pub glaring as they passed. The next day I heard they had started a riot in the pub smashing it up and putting a lad, who bizarrely I knew, in a coma. Looking back I was a lucky lad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.